How to dictate into ANY text field on Windows, for free (with voicenotebook.com)
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:35
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 27, 2021

On Windows, you can dictate in pretty much any language, for free, not only in Chrome, but also in any text field in Windows, using this amazing little tool:

https://voicenotebook.com/

Make sure you check:

[✔] Transfer to clipboard
[✔] OS integration (off)

You can then dictate some text, afterwards you will hear a short beep. Your dictation will now be on your clipboard, ready to be pasted into any text field (with Ctrl+V).

voicenotebook.com

Incidentally, I own a full, up-to-date copy of Dragon Individual Professional, but am not happy how it slows down my (very powerful) computer. With voicenotebook.com I can also only dictate in English with my copy of Dragon, whereas I can now dictate in English and Dutch.

Michael

See also: https://beijer.uk/faqs/how-to-dictate-into-any-text-field-on-windows-for-free-with-voicenotebook.com

[Edited at 2021-08-27 11:29 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Becca Resnik

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:35
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Ridiculously low-fee Aug 27, 2021

Been using this service for three-four yers now.
I strongly suggest registering and paying the ridiculously low yearly fee to enable the "OS integration" feature, which allows you to dictate directly to wherever you put your cursor on, including CAT tools.

[Edited at 2021-08-27 14:42 GMT]

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:35
English to Russian
Thank you Aug 27, 2021

Michael Beijer wrote:
On Windows, you can dictate...
Thank you

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Agnieszka Bendel
Agnieszka Bendel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:35
English to German
+ ...
Doesn't seem to work for me Mar 21

Hi!
I tried dictating in Polish, but for some reason, the text disappears. Anyone know why that happens? Thanks in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to dictate into ANY text field on Windows, for free (with voicenotebook.com)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »