United Kingdom
Local time: 10:04
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Yet another reason to get v13 ... Jul 17, 2015

Christel Zipfel wrote:

Still no Word crashing, actually.

But today I got a new message, when *I needed to use Dragon* (see my previous post): Audio input device could not be found! or something like that. Everything was there and ready, though. Yet again 15 or 20 minutes lost with several attempts - anyway, by far too much! - until I finally got it to work. I had to go again through a volume check and so on.

For an otherwise really useful programme, this is very unnerving because, when I want to use it, that's because I am short of time, and instead ... I am supposed to lose still more time!

... it no longer needs initial training and you can swiftly switch between different audio sources!

Michael

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 11:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Years later (update) Oct 22, 2020

I recently got a new laptop and installed Dragon on it, and I'm having the same issue again. When Dragon is open and I try to open a Word document, it closes immediately. I'm waiting for my tech guy to get back to me, because I suspect it may be to do with the more recent version of Office. In a worst-case scenario, I might just reinstall an older version of Office...

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon crashing Word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »