Time-clocking application
Autor de la hebra: Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Federación Rusa
Local time: 03:04
inglés al ruso
Sep 4, 2006

I often do editing/proofreading on the basis of per hour payment. And I got tired keeping record of the start and finish times in a notepad and then summing up the total. Does anyone know of an application which keeps track of the time your work on the file and sums up the results? Also an application with clock faces showing current time in 3-4 selected time zones? I understand these will be two separate applications.

Thank you in advance for any information / links.

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Miembro 2005
inglés al hebreo
+ ...
Time Stamp Sep 4, 2006

Dear Alexey,

I'm using Time Stamp for that purpose (it was recommended by another Proz user). It also accounts for tea/phone breaks, and saves each project as a file.

Get it free at www.syntap.com. It's a donationware, and I was so happy with it that I paid them very soon...

Doron

Margaret Schroeder
Margaret Schroeder  Identity Verified
México
Local time: 18:04
español al inglés
+ ...
Time Stamp and Personal World Clock Sep 4, 2006

I second Doron's suggestion of Time Stamp. It is simple and does what you need, no more, no less.

At timeanddate.com you can see what time it is in different cities around the world, and you can make your own personal world clock to show the local time in the places that are import
... See more
I second Doron's suggestion of Time Stamp. It is simple and does what you need, no more, no less.

At timeanddate.com you can see what time it is in different cities around the world, and you can make your own personal world clock to show the local time in the places that are important to you. Once you've created your personal clock, you can bookmark it for quick reference.
Collapse

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
Francia
francés al hindi
+ ...
Time tracker Sep 4, 2006

http://www.formassembly.com/time-tracker/

This is what I use.

Regards,

Ritu

Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Federación Rusa
inglés al ruso
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thank you Sep 4, 2006

I knew it existed and a couple of years ago I came across a mention of such an application, but at that time it seemed not very important to me.

Thank you all for fast response and the information.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Letonia
Miembro 2003
inglés al letón
+ ...
Another free software Sep 4, 2006

http://www.XNoteStopwatch.com

Uldis

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
España
Local time: 02:04
español al inglés
+ ...
slack time Sep 5, 2006

I have downlaoded the tool, very useful:-)

I'm not sure what exactly is meant by 'slack time'. Yes, I know it refers to having TO for a cuppa, to answer a mail, the phone, etc....but why is it possible to set an hourly rate for it?

There is no proper definition of exactly what it is and implies in the Help file.

TIA:-)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Time-clocking application

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »