Iniziatore argomento: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Polonia
Local time: 19:55
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
Jun 8, 2006

I am editing FM file and when I try to edit some markers there is no "Edit marker" button in the dialogue box. Only "new marker".
What can I do and how can I edit marker text?

Marina Oliveira
Marina Oliveira  Identity Verified
Portogallo
Local time: 18:55
Da Inglese a Portoghese
+ ...
Is the marker text visible? Jun 8, 2006

Natalya Zelikova wrote:

I am editing FM file and when I try to edit some markers there is no "Edit marker" button in the dialogue box. Only "new marker".
What can I do and how can I edit marker text?

Hi Natalya,

When you display the marker dialog, does it show the marker text inside and no Edit button then?

I ask this because when you display the marker dialog without seleccting the marker to show the relevant text in the box, only a New marker button is available. You must select the marker itself.

HTH,

Marina

Natalya Zelikova
Polonia
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
it is selected Jun 8, 2006

No, Marina, it was selected.
But only "new marker" and inactive "delete marker" buttons were present.

Marina Oliveira
Portogallo
Da Inglese a Portoghese
+ ...
Could it be protected? Jun 8, 2006

I see, Natalya.

Obviously, it is a more complex problem and I have never met such a situation. You mentioned a inactive "delete marker", it made me think (the first time too) if this wouldn't be a protected feature in that particular file, but if is I can't help either. (I just checked your profile now and blushed... you are way more experienced than I am, how could I help you!)

Hope someone else can. I
... See more
I see, Natalya.

Obviously, it is a more complex problem and I have never met such a situation. You mentioned a inactive "delete marker", it made me think (the first time too) if this wouldn't be a protected feature in that particular file, but if is I can't help either. (I just checked your profile now and blushed... you are way more experienced than I am, how could I help you!)

Hope someone else can. I am curious too about the solution.

Regards,
Marina
Collapse

Natalya Zelikova
Polonia
Da Inglese a Russo
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
... Jun 8, 2006

I am not that much experienced... Just trying to work in this field, since I like it. But working with other DTP programs sometimes is not helpful for others.
I have solved the problem in another way, though I would still like to know how could I access exactly "Edit marker" function...
Thank you for trying to help.

Marina Oliveira
Portogallo
Da Inglese a Portoghese
+ ...
Glad you work around it Jun 9, 2006

Nice you solved it one way or another. I had thought of suggesting creating a new edited marker and deleting the old one, but as the delete button was inactive too... it would not be doable.

I, too, would like how to properly tackle such settings, you never know when it will knock at your door!

Good work,
Marina

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:55
Da Inglese a Russo
Very strange Jun 9, 2006

It seems very strange to me. Can you send me FM file to have a look on uneditable marker?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FrameMaker: uneditable markers

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »