Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:46
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Jan 25, 2006

Hi

I want to buy a new anti virus and came by NOD32. I would appreciate input from users of this software.

Thanks.
Rahi

Christian
Christian
Local time: 10:46
English to German
+ ...
Pretty good program Jan 25, 2006

I myself prefer Kaspersky (KAV) as an anti-virus program, which has an excellent detection rate. However, it is also a resource hog.

If you're looking for an AV which is not as resource-hungry as KAV, NOD32 is definitely a good choice. I have been using NOD32 for a year or so and it has never caused any problems so far, and its detection rate isn't too bad, either. When it comes to the detection of trojans, however, I don't think it is as good as KAV. Therefore, it would be a good i
... See more
I myself prefer Kaspersky (KAV) as an anti-virus program, which has an excellent detection rate. However, it is also a resource hog.

If you're looking for an AV which is not as resource-hungry as KAV, NOD32 is definitely a good choice. I have been using NOD32 for a year or so and it has never caused any problems so far, and its detection rate isn't too bad, either. When it comes to the detection of trojans, however, I don't think it is as good as KAV. Therefore, it would be a good idea to use a decent anti-trojan program, too. BOClean would be a good choice, I think. TrojanHunter is also very popular.

HTH
Christian
Collapse

Christine Biloré
Christine Biloré  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
I like it... Jan 25, 2006

Hi Rahi,

I had Norton at the beginning, then switched to Panda as Norton didn't seem to protect my computer well.

Finally, I turned to NOD32 following the advice of a friend. i've been using it for several months now and I'm quite satisfied with it.

I see that it sometimes blocks viruses or nasty things but it never bothers me with messages that pop up waiting for me to answer a question.

Regards,

Christine

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:46
English to Turkish
+ ...
award winning AV software Jan 25, 2006

IMHO, it is the best antivirus program. Updates many times during the day without interrupting your work. It is an easy-to-use, powerful, and reliable program.

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:46
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Light on resources Jan 25, 2006

Thank you all. I exactly want something light on resources and capable of doing the job. I had Norton for a couple of years but it's pressuring my system too much, not to mention the nightmare I had when uninstalling it.

Ana Pando & Anne Spence (X)
Ana Pando & Anne Spence (X)
French to English
+ ...
I am very satisfied with nod32 Jan 25, 2006

Hello,

Like some of the others, I used to use Norton but found that it would detect viruses and then tell me it couldn't fix repair or remove them! I've been using NOD32 for almost a year now. It takes up less space than Norton and I haven't had any problems with viruses since

focustr
focustr
Local time: 11:46
Turkish to English
+ ...
Norton vs Nod32 Mar 29, 2006

I've also been using Nod32 for couple of months and I can say that it is probably one of the best in terms of RAM usage..You wouldn't even understand if it is really running ! This is not the case with Norton especially when scanning your pc for viruses.
Regards
Mahir

Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:46
Russian to English
Another satisfied user Aug 16, 2006

I used Norton for about five years, upgrading each year to the latest version, and I finally got sick of the way it hooks into your system and hogs the resources.

I switched to Nod32 in December of last year and it just plain rocks. Lightweight, powerful and no bloat - just how it should be.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NOD32

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »