Peer grading and GPA
Thread poster: Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:22
German to English
Jun 6, 2001

The links at the site map don\'t work for me, so I haven\'t been able to see if the subject of grade point averages is discussed any where at ProZ. When I click on reveal GPA at my profile page nothing happens. Can someone tell me how GPA figures into the mix in the meritocracy? Do potential clients see a translator\'s GPA? If a peer gives a translator\'s answer to a KudoZ question a zero, is he/she making a serious impact on that translator\'s ability to get jobs?

Kim Metzger GE-EN

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Jun 15, 2001

Are you by any chance using Netscape?

I Use Netscape 4.72, but I discovered it simply doesn\'t work at Proz. So it\'s the only time I open what I call the Internet Exploder.

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:22
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Jun 15, 2001

No I\'m using Internet Exploder too. But I\'m not so much interested in why my links at ProZ don\'t work. I\'m mainly trying to get some opinions and information about grade point averages and peer grading.

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:22
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 19, 2001

I was going to post a new topic about the GPA but decided to check whether one is already open.

I have also found no effect to the \"Hide/Show GPA\" action link. What is the GPA, and if it is shown, where does it appear?

Besides looking for answers to those questions, I would also suggest changing the label of the action so it fips from \"Show GPA\" to \"Hide GPA\" depending on the current state.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:22
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 24, 2001

GPA was the average of the peer grades you received. It was use donly for internal purposes. Now that there is no such thing as peer \"grading\"--you can only agree or disagree with an answer--GPA does not exist. Eventually, all the GPA-related links will be taken down.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Peer grading and GPA

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »