Thread poster: Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:40
English to German
+ ...
Oct 17, 2001

Dear KudoZ fellows,

thank you all for replying to my statement, in particular to Henry and Angela for support. Your responses show that, after all, a constructive attitude is preferred throughout the community which I appreciate very much and will, sure, hang on further.

Of course, where people come together different meanings will appear, some might agree, some might to a certain extent, some will disagree.

What I basically wanted to say, wa
... See more
Dear KudoZ fellows,

thank you all for replying to my statement, in particular to Henry and Angela for support. Your responses show that, after all, a constructive attitude is preferred throughout the community which I appreciate very much and will, sure, hang on further.

Of course, where people come together different meanings will appear, some might agree, some might to a certain extent, some will disagree.

What I basically wanted to say, was that it is not worth to immediately attack someone personally before you have figured out the details. Since something similar already happened to me not so long ago with another counterpart (where, afterwards,it likewise turn out that the incident was his fault)it was pretty hard to keep calm this time. I hope I managed to do so, at least by 90%. The essence of my statement is, therefore, in the last paragraph. If we will be able to keep this spirit alive, nice thing.

As to the ongoing criticism on professionalism etc.etc. which is, once again, tending to sound somewhat personally annoying, (you see, Katrin, I do \"give a damn\" on what people think about me, it\'s just the other way around than you put it; I even go further trying to avoid certain misunderstandings based on a lack of information), remember that we live in different parts of the world (this here is not [...a place...] where everyone has everything) and in different places at a different time it is only natural that we also have to use different sources depending on availability. I tried to make this clear in my correspondence with Ralf. At least, we all have a job to do, and the only thing that counts for the client is proper and timely completion. He couldn\'t care less how you achieve this, isn\'t it? Would he attack you for using a dictionary when you do not know a term or, at least, are not 100% sure? Hardly... Happens to be that I do not have tons of dictionairies available here or [...bad...] phone line or someone stole and sold the server connection cable from the internet provider (look on the map for the Caspian Sea if interested). Should I, therefore, give in and quit the job? Whom would I refer to in this case except \"brothers on arms\"?

Nobody absolutely is forced to reply or to co-operate, all of us are invited to participate and to contribute to the extent they are able or willing to, right, Henry?

. And, certainly, the longer you participate the more you will be able to contribute.

And nobody is forced to agree with my point of view which I was happy to have the opportunity to announce to you.

And now let\'s go on, friendly, tolerantly, showing a humane attitude towards each other.

Salem

Steffen
Collapse

Suzanne Bernard
Suzanne Bernard
Local time: 07:40
English to French
+ ...
Bravo! Oct 18, 2001

\"Nobody absolutely is forced to reply or to co-operate, all of us are invited to participate and to contribute to the extent they are able or willing to....\"

Exactly!!!! With our busy schedules, it is a wonder anyone even has time to criticize others!

Suzanne

\"And now let\'s go on, friendly, tolerantly, showing a humane attitude towards each other.\"

It seems the least we can do...our small part in appeasing the tensions
... See more
\"Nobody absolutely is forced to reply or to co-operate, all of us are invited to participate and to contribute to the extent they are able or willing to....\"

Exactly!!!! With our busy schedules, it is a wonder anyone even has time to criticize others!

Suzanne

\"And now let\'s go on, friendly, tolerantly, showing a humane attitude towards each other.\"

It seems the least we can do...our small part in appeasing the tensions in this world we live in!

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

let\'s go on, friendly, tolerantly, showing a humane attitude

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »