Countdown to the end of the ProZ.com mid-year membership campaign, 2012
投稿者: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 16:12
サイトのスタッフ
Jun 7, 2012

As was recently announced, prices for ProZ.com membership will increase after July 1st of this year. If you are considering ProZ.com membership, now is the perfect time to join: start your membership at a discount and before the price increases. If you are already a member, you can also renew now to add membership to your account before the July 1st change.

Dear ProZians,

This is a reminder that there is only one week remaining in the mid-year membership campaign, the theme of which is "Take your translation business to new ground."

Thank you to all who have joined ProZ.com or extended their current memberships during this campaign so far! Membership is a smart business move, and it is also what makes ProZ.com, and achievements such as those in the mid-year report to members and previous reports to members possible.

Remember that before June 14th you can join ProZ.com as a professional member at a discount over the current price. You will also have membership until July, 2013-- that is up to over one month of free membership, depending on how soon you join. In addition, those who join or renew during the campaign will also have a chance to win one of the following prizes: *

1. GearPlayer 4 Transcription software + foot pedal and headset (2 winners)

2. Dragon Naturally Speaking Voice recognition software (2 winners)

3. Professional website design/redesign. Three winners will receive professional help in creating and designing a personal website for their services (or in re-designing or updating the site if one already exists)

4. a Kindle™ e-book reader (3 winners)

A total of 10 winners will be drawn at the end of the campaign.

To join under this offer, or to review the benefits of ProZ.com membership and see testimonials from members, visit the membership page.

The ProZ.com team is here to serve site members.

If you have questions about membership, or need answers or help regarding anything else at ProZ.com, do not hesitate to contact staff through the online support system. Live chat support is also available during the campaign for questions about membership; look for the option on the visit the membership page.

Happy translating,

Jared
and the rest of the ProZ.com team

If you are a translator or you work with translators, the ProZ.com mission statement explains how the site works for you: By providing tools and opportunities for you to network, expand your business, improve your work, and have more fun.

* To be eligible to win in the campaign prize drawings, you must have a complete ProZ.com profile (all "required" fields). A complete profile which accurately reflects you as a professional, together with ProZ.com membership, leads to better new client contact and collaboration. Start completing your profile here >>

Vincent Lemma
Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
イタリア
Local time: 21:12
イタリア語 から 英語
+ ...
ProZ is indeed a valuable resource Jun 7, 2012

Hello all,
been on ProZ for a while now and recently renewed my membership... hope I am still eligible to win a prize
Anyways, I'll not go into the value for money of the site for us pros, nor the ROI that is almost certainly guaranteed.
Membership, therefore, does yield advantages and can help boost your career opportunities, so a few extra bucks to shell out isn't much.
By the way, may I please inquire as
... See more
Hello all,
been on ProZ for a while now and recently renewed my membership... hope I am still eligible to win a prize
Anyways, I'll not go into the value for money of the site for us pros, nor the ROI that is almost certainly guaranteed.
Membership, therefore, does yield advantages and can help boost your career opportunities, so a few extra bucks to shell out isn't much.
By the way, may I please inquire as to how much annual membership will cost after July 1st?
Collapse

Isabelle F. BRUCHER (X)
Isabelle F. BRUCHER (X)  Identity Verified
ベルギー
Local time: 21:12
英語 から フランス語
+ ...
References of those recommended people who can help us build a website (as a paying service) Jun 7, 2012

Vincent Lemma wrote:

By the way, may I please inquire as to how much annual membership will cost after July 1st?

This question has already been discussed at the following page: http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom:_translator_coop/225928-adjustments_to_be_made_to_prozcom_membership_pricing_effective_july_1st_2012.html

which includes a link to present rates: http://www.proz.com/membership/?sp_submode=all_options

Just to avoid starting the same discussion again. And don't forget that you are entitled to a rebate every time you earn a total of 4000 Browniz from participating in KudoZ, powwows, glossaries and other proz.com activities.

I hope we can focus on other questions here, like: since there are only 10 winners, will proz.com staff be able to give us the references of those recommended people who can help us build an efficient translator's website (as a paying service, of course)? This is a translator's 21st century business card, isn't it? I think it's key to attracting the best paying customers: end-customers. I am really getting tired of intermediaries. It's a matter of survival. Help !

Thank you, Jared.

Isabelle

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
サイトのスタッフ
TOPIC STARTER
New membership pricing and translator website design Jun 8, 2012

Hello Vincent and Isabelle,

Thanks for posting!

It's great to hear you are happy with your membership investment, Vincent. As Isabelle mentions, more details on the new pricing can be found at http://www.proz.com/topic/225928

Isabelle Brucher wrote:

I hope we can focus on other questions here, like: since there are only 10 winners, will proz.com staff be able to give us the references of those recommended people who can help us build an efficient translator's website (as a paying service, of course)? This is a translator's 21st century business card, isn't it? I think it's key to attracting the best paying customers: end-customers. I am really getting tired of intermediaries. It's a matter of survival. Help !

The person(s) who will provide this service to the drawing winners for that prize is something that is still being finalized, but I would be more than happy to provide that information as soon as I can. I would venture to say that there are site members who also know quite a bit about that sort of thing or offer similar services, maybe a space could be provided somewhere that would facilitate that type of contact?

Jared

Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
ウルグアイ
2005に入会
英語 から スペイン語
Done! Jun 14, 2012

I've just renewed my membership as it's worth every... peso! : )
Have a great day,
Mónica

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
サイトのスタッフ
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for renewing Jun 14, 2012

Hola Mónica!

That's great to hear, and thank you! I hope it's as sunny on your side of the river today as it is over here.

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Countdown to the end of the ProZ.com mid-year membership campaign, 2012

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »