Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
Announcing invoicing tool updates: Payment reminders, custom formatting, purchase order number, more
Thread poster: l Gaston l
Karin Berling
Karin Berling  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:19
Member (2010)
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
A place for the PM? Apr 26, 2010

I wish the invoice template would have a designated spot for the name of the PM. Sometimes I work with more than one PM for the same agency, and it would be useful to have a place for this. At the moment I use line 1 of the address lines, but it would be better to have a separate place perhaps?

Otherwise, I really like the proz invoice system!

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Is there a need to specify 0% VAT? Apr 26, 2010

Fiona Peterson wrote:
I am trying to create a custom Italian template and am having terrible problems.
I have inserted the taxes I pay into the appropriate section, but they are not displayed properly in the invoice Itself.

The Italian template provided does not fit my needs (I am VAT exempt), yet I cannot seem to creat a custom one.

I want to be able to list the total price of my services + 4% INPS, then subtotal of these, minus 20% ritenuta d'acconto, display VAT as 0%, then the end price owed by the customer.

Hi Fiona,

I believe this is all possible, except being able to display VAT as 0%. Is that where you're having trouble? If the option to specify 0% VAT is needed, we could add it for you. Please let me know.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Will consider aligning address for window envelopes in a future release Apr 26, 2010

David Wright wrote:

Hi there

my problem is that I do not send bills electronically. The invoice program contains no method for printing envelopes, and so I would like to use window envelopes rather than write the address by hand. However, the positioning of the invoice recipient address does not match the position of the window on a standard window envelope. Can I customise the invoice to get this right (I have no idea about html formating so please don't send me there!)

Hi David,

It should be possible to customize an invoice template so the address lines up with a standard window envelope, but it might take a lot of trial and error. I'll add this to our list of future improvements to consider. In the meantime, if anyone else has created such a template, please share it!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Would "notes" field work for name of PM? Apr 26, 2010

Karin Berling wrote:

I wish the invoice template would have a designated spot for the name of the PM. Sometimes I work with more than one PM for the same agency, and it would be useful to have a place for this. At the moment I use line 1 of the address lines, but it would be better to have a separate place perhaps?

Hi Karin,

Would it work to enter the PM name in the "notes" area of the invoice?

Thanks,

Jason

Karin Berling
Karin Berling  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
Notes is ok, but not ideal Apr 27, 2010

I could put it in notes, but it would be nice if it showed up in my list of invoices too. Just a suggestion - it is not a major thing...

Also, is there a way to move paid invoices to a file in the proz invoicing system? I see there is a "delete" option, but I wish there were a place I could save the paid invoices in case I need to go back to one later - and without it cluttering up my invoice list...

Loving the invoice system in general though

Jason Grimes wrote:

Karin Berling wrote:

Hi Karin,

Would it work to enter the PM name in the "notes" area of the invoice?

Thanks,

Jason

[Edited at 2010-04-27 13:39 GMT]

Claudette Valois
Claudette Valois  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:19
English to French
+ ...
Questions for French users of the invoicing tool May 6, 2010

Hello,
I work out of Québec and most of my invoices are in French. Is there a way I can get the dates as it should be written in French, i.e. the day before the month, no coma followed by the year (ex. : 6 mai 2010).

Furthermore, in the email sent along with invoice, is there a way I can say "Bonjour" with the first name of the contact rather than have my "Bonjour" followed by the company name?

Also, tax info : In Quebec any supplier must write his or her tax nu
... See more
Hello,
I work out of Québec and most of my invoices are in French. Is there a way I can get the dates as it should be written in French, i.e. the day before the month, no coma followed by the year (ex. : 6 mai 2010).

Furthermore, in the email sent along with invoice, is there a way I can say "Bonjour" with the first name of the contact rather than have my "Bonjour" followed by the company name?

Also, tax info : In Quebec any supplier must write his or her tax numbers on every invoice. Since we have two taxes in the province, I could not use the financial info window to enter them. The only way I found is to place them in my contact info, under my phone number.

On taxes again, I noticed that whenever I exit the invoice for whatever reason, when I come back to it, the second tax has disappeared. Is there a way I can default both taxes, so I don't need to click on it everytime I make an invoice or go back to one... risks of forgetting such a simple step are enormous.

tks

Claudette Valois
Proz member
Collapse

Susan Nicholls
Susan Nicholls  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:19
French to English
+ ...
use an e-mail editor? May 12, 2010

Hi

A first word of thanks for the invoicing system, I'd be lost without it. Accounting is not my cup of tea!

I wonder is there any way of integrating the invoicing system with default programs on my computer? For example, I usually use Word for editing e-mails (via Office Outlook), so the e-mails I send via the invoicing tool look very different from my usual ones.
Similarly, is there any way invoices could be saved automatically in pdf format into a specified f
... See more
Hi

A first word of thanks for the invoicing system, I'd be lost without it. Accounting is not my cup of tea!

I wonder is there any way of integrating the invoicing system with default programs on my computer? For example, I usually use Word for editing e-mails (via Office Outlook), so the e-mails I send via the invoicing tool look very different from my usual ones.
Similarly, is there any way invoices could be saved automatically in pdf format into a specified folder on my hard disk? I would find this reassuring and it would also save me the rather tedious process I go through every quarter of opening as pdf, saving from pdf, etc. for each invoice.

These are really minor things, but since the tool seems so clever, I imagine it might be able to take these things on board...

With thanks

Susan
Collapse

Andrea Quintana
Andrea Quintana  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:19
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Request for "Not Closed" feature May 21, 2010

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful tool.

I think it'd be useful to have a filter for viewing "Not Closed" invoices. Currently we can see either "Past due" or "Open" invoices separately, but not both. Would that be possible?

Thanks again and keep the good work!

Andrea

Marc Sejourné
Marc Sejourné  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Local time: 17:19
English to French
In memoriam
Do you know how to import invoices into a spreadsheet? May 28, 2010

115 invoices and growing... I like this tool, quick and simple!

I am still having difficulties with the following:

1) Filtering invoices:

At the end of the month I'd like to see how much I invoiced, and the filter definitely does not work. I select all the invoices created during the current month, and it displays all kind of invoices, not within that date range. Useless.

So I tried to use Excel *BUT*:

2) Importing invoices : ... See more
115 invoices and growing... I like this tool, quick and simple!

I am still having difficulties with the following:

1) Filtering invoices:

At the end of the month I'd like to see how much I invoiced, and the filter definitely does not work. I select all the invoices created during the current month, and it displays all kind of invoices, not within that date range. Useless.

So I tried to use Excel *BUT*:

2) Importing invoices :

I just tried all kinds of options in Excel but no joy, it is mixing rows and columns, it is a mess, I cannot send that to my clients and I cannot use to sort the invoices.

Also it transforms the French accents into garbage. I have tried all possible FR / Latin / ISO whatever settings, nothing seems to work. For instance "Générales" transforms to "générales", very nice.

If you know how to import the invoices into a usable format, it would be great to share. Thanks in advance!

P.S.: I could not find any "post new topic" link so I posted a "reply" instead.
Collapse

Paoletrix
Paoletrix
Sweden
Local time: 12:19
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Attached documents May 31, 2010

Hi,

I am very pleased with the invoicing tool - it has greatly simplified my work! Thanks!

I would also very much like to have the possibility to attach specifications and activity reports, particularly since I have one major client for whom I work three days a week as a consultant.

Again, thanks for the excellent work. Please let us know how this issue is progressing.

Kind regards,
Peggy O

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Payment reminder Jun 7, 2010

l Gaston l wrote:

• Payment reminders. It's now possible to send manual and automatic email reminders for past due invoices. Up to 3 automatic reminders can be set from the payment reminder settings.
    Best regards,
    Gastón

• I have tried this tool, and it works fine. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the automatic payment reminder. I have set this in the options, but when a invoice was over due (and after the number of days set) the system did not send out a reminder. I set the system to cc me, and I did not receive a copy, and the system did not state that it had sent a reminder. Is this only a small bug?

And one small thing: I had to put my IBAN/SWIFT etc. information under Notes. Should this be in a separate line, like the "Terms and conditions". I belive that payment / bank information is even more important than the terms.

BR,
    Ivan

[Edited at 2010-06-07 06:46 GMT]

UPDATE: I managed to solve the "IBAN problem" by editing the invoice template, and change the "notes" into "payment information"

]

[Edited at 2010-06-07 19:06 GMT]

Helena Diaz del Real
    Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
    Germany
    German to Spanish
    + ...
    In memoriam
    Displaced numbers Jul 5, 2010

Hello Prozians,

I just have paid throught proz.com in order to attend the conference in Prag. I am very much eager to get to Prag again and to see and meet fellow translators there!

The reason why I write this is a problem I have with the invoices. It appears so much displaced to the right hand side, that not only the data appears incomplete, but even the amount I have paid.

My question to you is: Is this a fault of my printer nad/or PC or does it has to be
    ... See more
    Hello Prozians,

I just have paid throught proz.com in order to attend the conference in Prag. I am very much eager to get to Prag again and to see and meet fellow translators there!

The reason why I write this is a problem I have with the invoices. It appears so much displaced to the right hand side, that not only the data appears incomplete, but even the amount I have paid.

My question to you is: Is this a fault of my printer nad/or PC or does it has to be with your feature? I rather suppose I have to blame my own PC, but I would like to know first if I am right.

Otherwise I would really appreciate if somebody can help me to fix it.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Helena
    PS. I only have this problem here, with proz.com That's the reason why I ask here...
    Collapse

Dusan Rabrenovic
    Dusan Rabrenovic  Identity Verified
    Slovenia
    Member (2008)
    German to Slovenian
    + ...
    Problem with auto-filling client data Jul 8, 2010

I always use the same procedure when invoicing for new clients: find them on the BB, click "send invoice" for that user. Usually, the invoice is filled out automatically, but right now, it doesn't fill out the data for neither new nor old clients (I get the same error for both types of clients:)

... See more
    I always use the same procedure when invoicing for new clients: find them on the BB, click "send invoice" for that user. Usually, the invoice is filled out automatically, but right now, it doesn't fill out the data for neither new nor old clients (I get the same error for both types of clients:)

It does this when I try "save" or "save as draft" (no, I don't want to use the automatic sending). As far as I can tell, the client is already selected...?

Any ideas?

[Edited at 2010-07-08 12:32 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-07-08 16:31 GMT]
    Collapse

Michael Beijer
    Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
    United Kingdom
    Local time: 11:19
    Member (2009)
    Dutch to English
    + ...
    It would be GREAT if it was possible to drag + drop rows in an invoice. Jul 12, 2010

Hello. It would be GREAT if it was possible to drag and drop resort lines in an invoice.

I just got to the end of a long list of items, and need to fit one in between the higher items. Now what?

Thanks,

Michael

Leon Hunter
    Leon Hunter  Identity Verified
    Spain
    Member (2005)
    Spanish to English
    + ...
    VAT CHANGE Jul 15, 2010

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but VAT went up from 16% to 18% in July in Spain. This is a problem because I don't want past invoices to be changed. Is there a way of amending this tax for future invoices without changing the 16% of past invoices. The problems are:

- Edit invoice, if you change the tax rate to 18% it appears automatically if you edit any details of past invoices.
    - Tax reports.

Best regards,

Leon Hunter

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing invoicing tool updates: Payment reminders, custom formatting, purchase order number, more

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
    Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
    Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
    The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »