For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Oana Moisuc
Oana Moisuc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:35
English to French
Very useful Jul 7, 2010

This is a very useful step to take indeed.

Mohamed Chikha
Mohamed Chikha
Tunisia
Local time: 23:35
English to Arabic
+ ...
non-pedagogical session delivery Jul 7, 2010

First of all thank you for this lesson. I couldn't finish it all because the first part took about 75 minutes without a break. the instructor was talking an working quite fast, monotonous voice, not keeping audience in mind, not repeating, reminding of the key objectives. just showing us a huge number of operations, just once and go. She's very knowledgeable about Trados but the delivery of that knowledge is poor. I don't think she achieved the objectives of that session. She might have covered ... See more
First of all thank you for this lesson. I couldn't finish it all because the first part took about 75 minutes without a break. the instructor was talking an working quite fast, monotonous voice, not keeping audience in mind, not repeating, reminding of the key objectives. just showing us a huge number of operations, just once and go. She's very knowledgeable about Trados but the delivery of that knowledge is poor. I don't think she achieved the objectives of that session. She might have covered all points though.

[Edited at 2010-07-07 08:20 GMT]
Collapse

Anita du Plessis
Anita du Plessis  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 00:35
Member (2008)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
A lot of facts to take in Jul 7, 2010

I think the course was quite good, but this is a lot of information covered. I think the amount of information should be lessened, and then be drilled into us a bit more! I realize that would maybe entail 4 levels instead of the normal 3Trados certification levels. I realize we have the manual to fall back on, but still, when you are new to CAT tools this is a bit bewildering.
Our instructor is knowledgeable, but I think the time constraints and the amount she has to cover causes her to spe
... See more
I think the course was quite good, but this is a lot of information covered. I think the amount of information should be lessened, and then be drilled into us a bit more! I realize that would maybe entail 4 levels instead of the normal 3Trados certification levels. I realize we have the manual to fall back on, but still, when you are new to CAT tools this is a bit bewildering.
Our instructor is knowledgeable, but I think the time constraints and the amount she has to cover causes her to speak rather quickly.:)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »