Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you ususally acknowledge receipt of payment?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:06
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
No. Jan 23, 2011

Payments usually are sent by the accounting department, not by the PM or the marketing department at direct clients. I don't even know the names and email addresses of the people who took care of the payment.

Melissa McMahon
Melissa McMahon  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:06
French to English
Individuals/Companies Jan 23, 2011

I mostly do for direct individual clients, because I am usually also asking them to confirm when they have sent payment (eg. bank transfer) plus I also assume they are more likely to be the ones who need a receipt for their records.

For companies/longstanding clients, no, unless they make a point to email to tell me they have paid or I am chasing them up for a late payment.

It is partly what Nicole said: the people I deal with and the financial department are separate
... See more
I mostly do for direct individual clients, because I am usually also asking them to confirm when they have sent payment (eg. bank transfer) plus I also assume they are more likely to be the ones who need a receipt for their records.

For companies/longstanding clients, no, unless they make a point to email to tell me they have paid or I am chasing them up for a late payment.

It is partly what Nicole said: the people I deal with and the financial department are separate entities and I am not sure the people who I have contact with would be especially interested in that kind of correspondence. But what others have said here has given me pause for thought.

Melissa
Collapse

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:06
Greek to English
Yes, always Jan 24, 2011

I always ususally acknowledge receipt of payment.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you ususally acknowledge receipt of payment?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »