Thread poster: Kemika Prateepachitti
Kemika Prateepachitti
Kemika Prateepachitti  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 19:04
Thai to English
+ ...
Mar 27, 2013

I just got a request to translate EN-TH document. However, the font to be used must be DCO Thai only. I don't have this font on my computer and couldn't find it on the Internet. Anyone please advise me. Where can I buy/download this font?

Thanks in advance.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 14:04
English to German
Google or Monotype Mar 28, 2013

sicklemoon wrote:

couldn't find it on the Internet

Google for "dcothai.ttf", "dco-thai.ttf" or "dco thai.ttf".

Where can I buy/download this font?

www.monotype.com sells any desired font.

Kemika Prateepachitti
Thailand
Thai to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Mar 30, 2013

I followed your advice, but I found only few sources to download on the Internet and all of them didn't work on my computer.

I've just decided to reject this job. Thanks for your help.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 14:04
English to German
TTF doesn't work? Mar 30, 2013

sicklemoon wrote:

sources to download on the Internet and all of them didn't work on my computer.

TrueType fonts (.ttf) should work on any Mac, Windows or Linux PC.

With Mac & Windows they can be used right out of the box. With certain Linux versions it might be necessary to install the missing FreeFont library upfront.

Kemika Prateepachitti
Thailand
Thai to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The DCOThai.ttf was successfully installed & run on my computer. But the file itself has a problem. Mar 30, 2013

After the installation, I tried using the font and found that I could not type the character "ง". Once I typed this character, the language would automatically change to English and the font became "Cordia New"

I found only two or three websites that provide DCOThai.ttf to download and it seems they share the same source (I noticed that the zip files have the same name). So, all the files I got have the same problem.

That's why I said it didn't work.

Tha
... See more
After the installation, I tried using the font and found that I could not type the character "ง". Once I typed this character, the language would automatically change to English and the font became "Cordia New"

I found only two or three websites that provide DCOThai.ttf to download and it seems they share the same source (I noticed that the zip files have the same name). So, all the files I got have the same problem.

That's why I said it didn't work.

Thanks again for your opinion. I appreciate your kindness
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need DCO Thai font

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »