expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:20
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 20, 2022

Hi everyone,

I have a client who has moved from Trados GroupShare to the Cloud and has now started sending me projects this way. I work with Trados Studio 2021.
Whenever I try to open the project/file via the "Open in Studio" option, the following error appears:

Capturar

Anyone who can help me solve this?
I've been logging into Trados Live with my credentials, but I've tried with the client's and I get the same error.

However, I found this resolution, but it doesn't seem to apply to my problem:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000007601

Many thanks!

Sandra

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:20
English to Russian
RWS Community Oct 21, 2022

Hi Sandra,
I don't use this product but I think you'd better resort to RWS Community. Most probably you have seen this thread but just in case. They did not give any specific advice on that but opened a ticket. Try to do the same.

[Edited at 2022-10
... See more
Hi Sandra,
I don't use this product but I think you'd better resort to RWS Community. Most probably you have seen this thread but just in case. They did not give any specific advice on that but opened a ticket. Try to do the same.

[Edited at 2022-10-21 14:17 GMT]
Collapse

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! Oct 21, 2022

Stepan Konev wrote:

Hi Sandra,
I don't use this product but I think you'd better resort to RWS Community. Most probably you have seen this thread but just in case. They did not give any specific advice on that but opened a ticket. Try to do the sameю

Hi Stepan,
I hope you're doing well!
Many thanks. I skipped that thread. I was going to ask for help to RWS Comunity, but first I wanted to try it here because I was hoping that you or any other cool colleagues could give me a hand.
I am going to do that, and if the solution is provided to me, I will come here again.
Have a good day!
Sandra

Stepan Konev

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Other user with a similar problem Oct 22, 2022

I have sent my question to the RWS Community, and I found other user with a similar problem:

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/general/17615/error-processing-command-line-arguments

I tried to reset Trados Studio to default settings by renaming it
... See more
I have sent my question to the RWS Community, and I found other user with a similar problem:

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/general/17615/error-processing-command-line-arguments

I tried to reset Trados Studio to default settings by renaming its folders, and I got the same error message.

The client is putting projects on hold because of this and I still don't have any reply from the RWS Community.

[Edited at 2022-10-22 11:08 GMT]
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Strange things happen Oct 22, 2022

Sometimes, with Trados 2021, I think I am living an episode of X-Files...
Out of the blue, after I clicked on "Open in Studio" I got that same message, but I can see the file in Trados Studio that my client sent me via Trados Live.
I only noticed this after I posted my previous message here.
Anyway, I would still like to see this error message removed.

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when trying to open a project/package with Trados Live/Cloud

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »