Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:14
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 20, 2022

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to delete the match rate mark of the middle column after finishing a translation.
I have been searching the forums and I have read about Batch anonymizer to delete the AT mark, but I would like to delete all of them. So, this tool is not useful for me.

If I create an empty memory and pretranslate my files with it, I assume that the already translated targets will be all deleted, so I will loose my job, correct?Is ther
... See more
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to delete the match rate mark of the middle column after finishing a translation.
I have been searching the forums and I have read about Batch anonymizer to delete the AT mark, but I would like to delete all of them. So, this tool is not useful for me.

If I create an empty memory and pretranslate my files with it, I assume that the already translated targets will be all deleted, so I will loose my job, correct?Is there any way to pretranslate with a new memory without deleting the targets, but deleting the match rate marks?

Or is there any other method for this?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 17:14
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Community advanced display filter? Oct 20, 2022

Have you seen this?

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/24889/how-to-hide-100-context-and-perfect-matches-in-the-editor

I only know Trados Anonymizer as a plugin to anonymize personal data within segments, but with MT.
... See more
Have you seen this?

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/studio/24889/how-to-hide-100-context-and-perfect-matches-in-the-editor

I only know Trados Anonymizer as a plugin to anonymize personal data within segments, but with MT.

Try to check the link above. Good luck
Collapse

Carmen Álvarez
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to delete the match rate mark Oct 20, 2022

Hi, thanks a lot for your hint, but in fact I do not want to filter or hide from view those segments. I just need to delete the match rate mark

Have a good day!

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I am not aware of any Oct 20, 2022

Carmen Álvarez wrote:

Hi, thanks a lot for your hint, but in fact I do not want to filter or hide from view those segments. I just need to delete the match rate mark

Have a good day!

Hi Carmen,
I am not aware of any plugin/feature that can do that. Please wait for more answers.
Have a good day too!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:14
English to Russian
AHK script Oct 20, 2022

It is technically possible but you need to use an AHK script which eventually means that you have to install AHK on your computer. This software is free and lightweight. If you are ready to install and use AHK, I can develop a script for you and explain how to make it all work.
Basically, you can do it manually by taking the following steps:
1. Select all target segment as translated (Ctrl+A)
2. Copy the target segment (Ctrl+C)
3. Copy source to target (Ctrl+Insert or def
... See more
It is technically possible but you need to use an AHK script which eventually means that you have to install AHK on your computer. This software is free and lightweight. If you are ready to install and use AHK, I can develop a script for you and explain how to make it all work.
Basically, you can do it manually by taking the following steps:
1. Select all target segment as translated (Ctrl+A)
2. Copy the target segment (Ctrl+C)
3. Copy source to target (Ctrl+Insert or default shortcut — I am not sure whether Ctrl+Ins is used by default or I assigned that)
4. Select all target segment again (Ctrl+A)
5. Paste what you have copied in step 2

However you can automate this workflow by using an AHK script.
With AHK script you can assign this sequence of steps to the confirmation shortcut so that AHK do it all for you each time you confirm a segment. You can either assign it to the default shortcut (Ctrl+Enter) or any other alternative shortcut if you want to keep both features.

Update: If you choose to use AHK, let me know what shortcut you would like to use for it.

[Edited at 2022-10-20 16:17 GMT]
Collapse

expressisverbis

Carmen Álvarez
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 20, 2022

Hi Stepan,

Thanks a lot, that seems to be the right solution. I have tried with an individual segment and the mark is deleted!

But I would need to keep both "confirming" options because I only need to do this operation in a part of the segments. So yes, would need a new shortcut for this operation

If you really have some time for this, I would really appreciate your help, because I have zero
... See more
Hi Stepan,

Thanks a lot, that seems to be the right solution. I have tried with an individual segment and the mark is deleted!

But I would need to keep both "confirming" options because I only need to do this operation in a part of the segments. So yes, would need a new shortcut for this operation

If you really have some time for this, I would really appreciate your help, because I have zero knowledge about scripting :/

Otherwise, as it has caught my attention, I will do this manually this time, but I will try to learn about scripting so I can develop this myself later

Thanks again!

Carmen
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
AHK Oct 20, 2022

Actually, at this point, you don't need to know much about AHK. All you need to do is to install AHK (https://www.autohotkey.com/download/). If I'm honest, I am no script expert at all. I just find ready-made scripts and slightly modify them for my needs. When I used my first AHK script, I knew nothing about it.
Ok, assume you have typed your translation and are ready to confirm it with Ctrl
... See more
Actually, at this point, you don't need to know much about AHK. All you need to do is to install AHK (https://www.autohotkey.com/download/). If I'm honest, I am no script expert at all. I just find ready-made scripts and slightly modify them for my needs. When I used my first AHK script, I knew nothing about it.
Ok, assume you have typed your translation and are ready to confirm it with Ctrl+Enter. With the following script you need to press Alt+1 (instead of Ctrl+Enter):

#IfWinActive Trados Studio
!1::
Send ^a
Send ^c
Send ^{Ins}
Send ^a
Send ^v
Send ^{Enter}
Return

To make the scrip work, copy its text from here and paste it into a simple Notepad text file (*.txt). Save and close the file. Rename it to change its extension from txt to ahk. If you have AHK already installed, the Notepad icon will change to the AHK icon. Now you can move this file to a dedicated folder; you will need it for sure because you may become AHK-addicted after you try it once.
Then, every time you need this functionality, you click the file twice to run the script. The script will appear in your system tray. You can use Alt+1 anytime when the script icon remains in your tray.

===
Also, you can make the script run at your Windows startup:
1. Create a shortcut of the script file on your desktop.
2. Press Win+R
3. Type shell:startup and press Enter or click OK to open the Startup folder
4. Drag and drop (or copy and paste) the script shortcut into that folder.
Once done, you may delete the shortcut file (but not the script file itself!) from your desktop.

[Edited at 2022-10-21 02:11 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Advanced advice Oct 20, 2022

If Alt+1 is already assigned or you are not very happy with that shortcut, you can change it by editing the second string. Just remember that ^ means Ctrl, ! means Alt, # means Windows button, + means Shift. Use these characters to assign a different key shortcut. You can use a combination of them. For example, to assign Ctrl+Shift+E, type this:
^+e::
The '::' is a command for AHK to execute all that follows that string once you hit the shortcut.

Also, you can visit this
... See more
If Alt+1 is already assigned or you are not very happy with that shortcut, you can change it by editing the second string. Just remember that ^ means Ctrl, ! means Alt, # means Windows button, + means Shift. Use these characters to assign a different key shortcut. You can use a combination of them. For example, to assign Ctrl+Shift+E, type this:
^+e::
The '::' is a command for AHK to execute all that follows that string once you hit the shortcut.

Also, you can visit this dedicated RWS Community to know more about AHK scripts or get some ready scripts. By the way, I stole the idea of this script from Paul Filkin and Nora Díaz here.

[Edited at 2022-10-20 17:36 GMT]
Collapse

Simon Willmott
Simon Willmott  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
Edit in Notepad++ Oct 20, 2022

You can edit the sdlxliff file in Notepad++. I highly recommend creating a backup copy of the file before you do this.
The string you want to search for is something like

origin="tm" origin-system="[name of your TM]" percent="100"

replace it with
origin="interactive"

save in Notepad++, then reopen the file from your project in Trados.

expressisverbis
Stepan Konev
Jaime Oriard

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Thanks! Oct 20, 2022

Simon Willmott wrote:
replace it with origin="interactive"
Nice trick. Thank you. I would also add that you have to replace all instances of origin="tm". I replaced just one first and did not notice any difference. Then I replaced all and that worked.

expressisverbis

Carmen Álvarez
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both! Oct 21, 2022

Hi colleagues,

I just tried the script method and it works perfect! Besides, it's so intuitive! Probably you are right, I'mm going to get addicted to it!

Changing the txt manually would also be fine, but in this case I prefer to use the script, so I can decide per segment

Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to delete the match rate mark

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »