Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 01:36
French to Italian
+ ...
Oct 12, 2022

HI All,
Since installing Trados 2019 on a new PC, when I work on big MTPE projects for several days, I find that all draft segments (that contain machine translation output provided by the client) get saved in the translation memory even though they were never validated by me. When I resume translating, all draft segments I need to edit are recognised as Context Matches and automatically validated.

How can I stop this behaviour? I've never experienced this in 6 years.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Create a new TM? Oct 12, 2022

Maybe create a new TM from scratch and start saving/confirming there. It may be due to some settings your client put on the file/TM. Not sure, this is just a possibility.

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think the problem is mine Oct 12, 2022

Thank you Lingua 5B,

I'm not sure where the problem is. I'm getting it every now and then with different clients, and haven't figured out what might cause it. I will keep a diary about it

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 00:36
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
"Match Repair"? Oct 12, 2022

Elena, have you tried to apply this function? I'm not quite sure if this can help you...

Capturar

I think that way you can disable the Machine Translation function in your TM results.

Also, I believe you have removed the Machine Translation option in "Project Settings", right? (I know, it can be a silly question, but sometimes we forget to remove it).

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your input, Sandra Oct 12, 2022

expressisverbis wrote:

Elena, have you tried to apply this function? I'm not quite sure if this can help you...

Capturar

I think that way you can disable the Machine Translation function in your TM results.

Also, I believe you have removed the Machine Translation option in "Project Settings", right? (I know, it can be a silly question, but sometimes we forget to remove it).

Thank you for your input, Sandra (hope I got it right!)

I have the Match Repair feature already activated, and it looks like your screenshot. Also, I don't have any MT resource in my Project Settings. I receive projects or files prepopulated with the client's MT output and when I'm in the middle of a job, draft segments start to show up in my TM even though they were never validated by me.
Not a big issue as it's not all the time, but I would like to solve it of course.

Edit:
Basically 10,000 words in draft status in my file are all already saved in my memory since yesterday afternoon at the same hour, minute and second. When I try to edit them, Trados treats them as context matches and validates them. I had to disable the TM lookup in the settings in order to resume working.

[Edited at 2022-10-12 13:39 GMT]

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I had a similar problem Oct 12, 2022

Yes, you got it right, Elena. My name is Sandra.
I had a similar problem with a project I am currently translating.
The file had to be sent to the client to have some codes removed/added and the project was put on hold.
The package came back to me updated by the client, and I already had segments translated by me. When I opened the file, I noticed those previously translated segments were replaced by MT.
I talked to the PM who told me he would look into the problem. If I
... See more
The file had to be sent to the client to have some codes removed/added and the project was put on hold.
The package came back to me updated by the client, and I already had segments translated by me. When I opened the file, I noticed those previously translated segments were replaced by MT.
I talked to the PM who told me he would look into the problem. If I get an answer I will come here!

[Edited at 2022-10-12 13:47 GMT]
Collapse

Elena Feriani

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Oct 12, 2022

expressisverbis wrote:

I already had segments translated by me, and when I opened the file, I noticed those previously translated segments were replaced by MT.
I talked to the PM who told me he would look into the problem. If I get an answer I will come here!

This always happens to me when I leave Trados open during a long break or overnight. I'll keep track of clients/memories that have this issue from now on.

Thanks a lot!

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Elena, Oct 17, 2022

I have delivered my project last Friday, but the PM and the IT technician couldn't find the solution for my problem.
I also would like to know how it is fixed and what is causing that strange behaviour with your Trados version. Perhaps asking the RWS community?

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Sandra Oct 24, 2022

Thank you for the update.
I've started a number of big jobs since I wrote this post, and I had no issue. If I get the same issue in the future, I'll ask the RWS community as you suggest.

expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Draft segments automatically saved in TM

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »