expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 08:24
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support ticket submitted Jul 26, 2021

I have submitted a support ticket to see if I can get any help from RWS.
Waiting for their reply...

Stepan Konev

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Jul 28, 2021

All of a sudden, Word spell checker started to work today, after my question in this discussion:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/34007/issue-with-using-ms-word-spell-checker-in-studio-2021-i-use-office-365
I don't know if any member of
... See more
All of a sudden, Word spell checker started to work today, after my question in this discussion:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/34007/issue-with-using-ms-word-spell-checker-in-studio-2021-i-use-office-365
I don't know if any member of RWS saw my comments and did a "magic trick", if yes, I want to thank them.
It seems the best way to solve this kind of issue is to contact the company.
Many thanks to everyone here who tried to help me too!
Collapse

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:24
English to Russian
"I have submitted a support ticket..." — maybe that worked? Jul 28, 2021

expressisverbis wrote:I have submitted a support ticket to see if I can get any help from RWS.
Good for you you made it. Just curios: did they reply anything to your support ticket?

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, Stepan, they didn't... Jul 28, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

expressisverbis wrote:I have submitted a support ticket to see if I can get any help from RWS.
Good for you you made it. Just curios: did they reply anything to your support ticket?

... and that's weird. I simply said I had exactly the same problem as the other colleague. It's a mistery...

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:24
English to Russian
Ask a new question Jul 28, 2021

expressisverbis wrote:
I simply said I had exactly the same problem as the other colleague. It's a mistery...
I think here is the clue: you had better ask a new question rather than add it to an existing one. Askers often forget to verify an answer and leave their resolved questions with yellow check mark. Such question threads do not attract as much attention as questions with a question mark. Also, with long dialogs and many children comments, it is not so easy to see what's new there. Next time try to ask a new question.
222By the way, when you say you submitted a support ticket, do you mean that you specifically logged a support ticket in their system, or that you asked your question in the forum? Or both?
If you did log a support ticket, then it is weird indeed. But if you mean just asking a question in the forum, then it can be explained as I mentioned above.

[Edited at 2021-07-28 18:30 GMT]

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was a question posted in the RWS community forum Jul 28, 2021

I thought about doing that, but as they have a related questions list, I didn't want to "pollute" more the site.
Apparently, this is working now. If I see that it starts to have the same behaviour as before, I will ask a new question in the RWS forum.

Stepan Konev

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Office 365 Word Spell Checker does not work in Trados Studio 2021

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »