Trados Multiterm IX - adding terms using copy & paste?
Thread poster: xl8or
xl8or
xl8or
Germany
Local time: 19:18
English to German
+ ...
Nov 24, 2004

Is it possible to Cut & Paste a term from another application (e.g. Word or browser) into Multiterm. I just can't seem to find any info on this one. Normally, I would simple right-click and paste the term.

Any thoughts?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-11-24 13:07]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Word template Nov 24, 2004

Hi,
You have a template in Word that allows you to connect to a termbase - highlight the source term, click on the icon showing a pencil and enter the target term. In this way, you can even add an attribute.

To use "cut&paste" from a browser, you need to add a new term entry first - while this is open, you can paste terms.

HTH, Ralf

xl8or
xl8or
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
adding terms in Multiterm Nov 24, 2004

Many thanks ... unfortunately, I am still having a few problems. Once I have selected "Add", I click on "term" and an empty field appears (to the right). How can I enter the text I have copied from somewhere else into this field (right-clicking doesn't seem to work ). Have I missed something?

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi,
You have a template in Word that allows you to connect to a termbase - highlight the source term, click on the icon showing a pencil and enter the target term. In this way, you can even add an attribute.

To use "cut&paste" from a browser, you need to add a new term entry first - while this is open, you can paste terms.

HTH, Ralf

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:18
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Cut and paste from any application into Multiterm Nov 24, 2004

xl8or wrote:

Is it possible to Cut & Paste a term from another application (e.g. Word or browser) into Multiterm. I just can't seem to find any info on this one. Normally, I would simple right-click and paste the term.

Any thoughts?

In addition to the Word>MultiTerm interface, you can also copy and paste from other applications. Highlight the term in the source app, press [Ctrl]+c to copy the text to the Windows clipboard, then place the cursor in an empty field in MultiTerm. Press [Ctrl]+v to paste.

--
Steven Capsuto
Philadelphia, PA, USA

xl8or
xl8or
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 24, 2004

Many thanks - eureka

Steven Capsuto wrote:

xl8or wrote:

Any thoughts?

In addition to the Word>MultiTerm interface, you can also copy and paste from other applications. Highlight the term in the source app, press [Ctrl]+c to copy the text to the Windows clipboard, then place the cursor in an empty field in MultiTerm. Press [Ctrl]+v to paste.

--
Steven Capsuto
Philadelphia, PA, USA

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Multiterm IX - adding terms using copy & paste?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »