Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:59
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Oct 28, 2004

Hi, I am working with Tag Editor 6.5.5.438.
I used to translate webpages for a client where I just saved the source text, because he also wanted the meta tags translated and then would open it in Tag Editor 5.5 with now problems. When I do this now I can only see the final html-page, not the source text and many of the tags appear in my text. I tried to find help in the handbook, but am a bit lost. If anyone can help or point me to the section in the handbook which I should read regarding
... See more
Hi, I am working with Tag Editor 6.5.5.438.
I used to translate webpages for a client where I just saved the source text, because he also wanted the meta tags translated and then would open it in Tag Editor 5.5 with now problems. When I do this now I can only see the final html-page, not the source text and many of the tags appear in my text. I tried to find help in the handbook, but am a bit lost. If anyone can help or point me to the section in the handbook which I should read regarding the tags I wourld be greatful.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:59
English to German
+ ...
HTML/XML issue? Oct 28, 2004

Hi Kristina,
Tags appearing as translatable text usually point to a problem in tag identification. This can happen if a tag is damaged (I once had severe problems with an HTML file, due simply to a missing slash...), or if the file contains other tags than HTML. Are you sure this is 'pure' HTML, or could this be an XML file?

Best, Ralf

Romuald Pawlikowski
Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
A sample of the tags... Oct 28, 2004

It would help us to identify if they are really HTML related. (Just a side note to what Ralf already said).

Regards,

Romuald

Kristina Wolf
Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure Oct 29, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Kristina,
Tags appearing as translatable text usually point to a problem in tag identification. This can happen if a tag is damaged (I once had severe problems with an HTML file, due simply to a missing slash...), or if the file contains other tags than HTML. Are you sure this is 'pure' HTML, or could this be an XML file?

Best, Ralf

Hi Ralf,

I am not sure, how can I tell?
I also had a look today at another website and tried to open it in TagEditor and all I get are some links on the left hand side and the main text is missing.

Cheers, Kristina

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you register T6.5? Oct 29, 2004

Hi again,
Not sure if this is related, but your description would indicate that you upgraded from T5.5 to T6.5. If so, did you register the software after installation (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5?

Best, Ralf

Kristina Wolf
Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Get error message Nov 2, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,
Not sure if this is related, but your description would indicate that you upgraded from T5.5 to T6.5. If so, did you register the software after installation (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5?

Best, Ralf

NO, I hadn't done so. When I tried to do it there was an error message, something abut NET/Framework, but the window closes way to quickly for me to properly read it.

Kristina

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you install MS .NET? Nov 2, 2004

Hi again,
When I tried to do it there was an error message, something abut NET/Framework, but the window closes way to quickly for me to properly read it.

Sounds as if the Microsoft .NET framework (which is required for interaction with certain other applications) is missing. Can you remember whether you installed this during the installation of T6.5.5?

Best, Ralf

Kristina Wolf
Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What is that? Nov 2, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,
When I tried to do it there was an error message, something abut NET/Framework, but the window closes way to quickly for me to properly read it.

Sounds as if the Microsoft .NET framework (which is required for interaction with certain other applications) is missing. Can you remember whether you installed this during the installation of T6.5.5?

Best, Ralf

Hi Ralf,

what exactly is MS.Net?

Kristina

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Info from Microsoft Nov 2, 2004

Hi...
what exactly is MS.Net?

Have a look at the MS website:

Microsoft® .NET is a set of software technologies for connecting information, people, systems, and devices. This new generation of technology is based on Web services—small building-block applications that can connect to each other as well as to other, larger applications over the Internet.

HTH, Ralf

Kristina Wolf
Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some progress Nov 2, 2004

[quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi...
what exactly is MS.Net?

Have a look at the MS website:

Hi Ralf,

yes, it is on my PC and I have now installed the service packs which has solved the problem. Trados has now been registered. I haven't checked yet whether this has made any difference in html-files. I should dedicate it some time tomorrow.

Kristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with html-files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »