Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith
Laurence B
Laurence B
Canada
Local time: 13:11
English to French
Solution for those getting this error message when trying to save Jun 15, 2016

Hi,

I got a similar message when trying to save the files I was working on in Studio 2015 (exact wording was: "Multiple tags with same ID ‘XX’ have different start tag properties").

I had opened all four sdlxliff files of my project using QuickMerge. Three of the files were .docx, but the fourth one was a .doc. Turns out that was the problem. As soon as I closed the files and opened the .doc separately from the .docx, I stopped getting the error message and could sa
... See more
Hi,

I got a similar message when trying to save the files I was working on in Studio 2015 (exact wording was: "Multiple tags with same ID ‘XX’ have different start tag properties").

I had opened all four sdlxliff files of my project using QuickMerge. Three of the files were .docx, but the fourth one was a .doc. Turns out that was the problem. As soon as I closed the files and opened the .doc separately from the .docx, I stopped getting the error message and could save my files.

Hope this helps someone else!
Collapse

Writec Srl
Writec Srl
Italy
Local time: 19:11
English to Italian
+ ...
Same error while analyzing the files Sep 1, 2016

Hi, same error here with SDL Trados 2011

I analyzed a MadCap Flare project for a new language combination and it gave me the same error.
Unfortunately I manage hundreds of HTM merged files.

I tried without merging them and I got the error exactly on some files.
I opened the original .HTM files in Notepad (source text is in English) but I cannot see any strange issue. I've 97 files with error

Any idea?

Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:11
Member (2008)
English to French
Nora your post from 2012 saved me today! Oct 28, 2021

Nora Diaz wrote:

This is still unresolved, and I keep seeing random files throw this error, but I just wanted to add here that I've been able to identify footnotes, specifically "Page X of Y" footnotes as being the source of the problem.

When I delete this from the original or pre-segmented file, the error goes away.

I was retrofitting a review that I had to do in target since I was checking punctuation in lists and clauses and really needed context for that. I got this error in Studio 2021. I rejected the changes in the footnotes and tried the retrofit again and it solved the problem!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error: multiple tags with same id

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »