Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >
Comprehensive KudoZ update released
Autor de la hebra: Jason Grimes
Denis Kochkin
Denis Kochkin
Local time: 21:36
inglés al ruso
+ ...
Setting a language pair for the ProZ toolbar Oct 20, 2005

Dear Jason,

Is it possible to set a language pair in the ProZ toolbar and save it? When I close my IE window and then reopen it, I can't see the previously set language pair and I have to set it again.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 23:36
inglés al español
+ ...
Language pair in tool bar II Oct 20, 2005

To the Proz team:

Denis made a very good question.
I have tried several times to save my language pair in the tool bar, but I couldn´t. Can this be added as a new feature to the already very useful Kudoz toolbar?

Walter Landesman

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italia
job notifications not perfectly working Oct 24, 2005

Hi
I've setup the option to not receive potential jobs but they continue to arrive, why?
I can post an image showing that setup was correctly made

Claudio

Heidi C
Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:36
inglés al español
+ ...
Comments to answers already closed in Kudoz Oct 24, 2005

When you just started with the changes, there was an option to comment on questions that had already been closed. This option dissapeared suddenly (I wrote before asking for it to come back!)

I've noticed that sometimes I can comment or edit questions or the dictionary entry (I think it's when I suggested one of the answers)

I think it is necessary to be able to access this option or to be able to comment on the answer selected. Sometimes the question is closed very fas
... See more
When you just started with the changes, there was an option to comment on questions that had already been closed. This option dissapeared suddenly (I wrote before asking for it to come back!)

I've noticed that sometimes I can comment or edit questions or the dictionary entry (I think it's when I suggested one of the answers)

I think it is necessary to be able to access this option or to be able to comment on the answer selected. Sometimes the question is closed very fast or before one has had the chance to see it, and the answer selected is not really the best one.

Sometimes, I have e-mailed the asker with a comment (don't know if this is ok); but I think it is important that if an entry is made in the Dictionary it is as accurate as possible!!!

The Kudoz dictionary is only as good as the material saved in it!!!

What can we do in this case?
Collapse

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 19:36
Miembro 2003
español al inglés
+ ...
Another idea Oct 26, 2005

First, I'd like to say that the new changes are great. By nature, I'm slow to get used to new things, but the new features have been wonderful.

Another idea: Would it be possible to adjust the software so that KudoZ askers can't close their questions for 24 hours? That doesn't provent the asker from using the answer earlier for professional purposes, but it does ensure full debate. Quite often lately I've noticed that newbie askers, in particular, tend to close almost immediately af
... See more
First, I'd like to say that the new changes are great. By nature, I'm slow to get used to new things, but the new features have been wonderful.

Another idea: Would it be possible to adjust the software so that KudoZ askers can't close their questions for 24 hours? That doesn't provent the asker from using the answer earlier for professional purposes, but it does ensure full debate. Quite often lately I've noticed that newbie askers, in particular, tend to close almost immediately after receiving one suggestion. When I disagree with the answer chosen, I write them a (hopefully) polite message asking them if they were aware of this KudoZ rule. A couple of times I've received very courteous responses, but the majority say a little defiantly that they closed because they liked the answer. Personally, I consider our discussions very enriching, and I have learned a lot. I'd like to see that spirit encouraged.
Collapse

Ralph Dunsdon
Ralph Dunsdon
Local time: 19:36
chino al inglés
entering question in code for Chinese Oct 29, 2005

I have just spent over an hour trying to enter a question into the Kudos. Chinese to English. I enter the question into the proper field in Chinese code. When I preview it before entering it into the Kudos forum it comes up in jumbled text and 100 times as much as I entered. I changed my settings 15 times and it continues to do this, and I cannot enter a question.

Gina W
Gina W
Estados Unidos
Miembro 2003
francés al inglés
Question: why is my ProZ.com Term Search continually defaulting to "Any" for languages to/from? Oct 30, 2005

Those are NOT my default settings, and I used this just yesterday and specifically again saved my default settings as my language pair (which I had never changed in the first place), but somehow it keeps defaulting back to "Any" for the source and target languages?

Anyone else notice this?

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Polonia
Local time: 04:36
inglés al polaco
"Any language" in ProZ.com Term Search Nov 3, 2005

gad wrote:

Those are NOT my default settings, and I used this just yesterday and specifically again saved my default settings as my language pair (which I had never changed in the first place), but somehow it keeps defaulting back to "Any" for the source and target languages?

Anyone else notice this?

Yes, me too! It's a bit annoying. Can someone bring it back to normal, please?

Andrew D
Andrew D
Local time: 04:36
inglés al alemán
+ ...
Please remove "New Update Notice" Nov 3, 2005

Jason Grimes wrote:

Note: There are many posts in this thread. Feel free to post without reading everything that has already been posted. I'll be cleaning up the thread, removing repeats and also non-repeats, as I address them.

Hi there Jason, after reading this thread a while ago I am not sure if htis has croped up already.
the

KudoZ has recently undergone a substantial update. To learn more about these changes and to share your feedback, please ..

message is clogging up my screen, by now most poeple will have noticed that something has changed, would it be possible to move this message somewhere less conspiuous like next to the proz-logo?

It would make working a bit easier.

Thanks in advance

Andrew Ellis

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
PERSONAL DEL SITIO
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
ProZ.com term search should be using saved settings properly again Nov 3, 2005

gad wrote:

This glitch should be fixed now. Please let me know if the problem continues.

Best regards,

Jason

Gina W
Gina W
Estados Unidos
Miembro 2003
francés al inglés
All fixed! Nov 4, 2005

It was still happening yesterday, but I see that this morning all is back to normal. Thanks, Jason!:)

moken
moken  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:36
inglés al español
+ ...
Any chance of having combo boxes on KudoZ/ProZ Search? Nov 13, 2005

Hi,

Different selection processes on ProZ and Kudoz could be shortened by the introduction of combo boxes. Combo boxes are similar to drop down menus, with the difference that you can type in the beginning of the word in the blank box at the top and the computer will auto-complete and take you to where you want to go.

I think this would be useful both for language and specific field selection, both in the Ask Question and the Search functions, making ProZ even more use
... See more
Hi,

Different selection processes on ProZ and Kudoz could be shortened by the introduction of combo boxes. Combo boxes are similar to drop down menus, with the difference that you can type in the beginning of the word in the blank box at the top and the computer will auto-complete and take you to where you want to go.

I think this would be useful both for language and specific field selection, both in the Ask Question and the Search functions, making ProZ even more user-friendly.

---------------------

Now, what would really be ideal would be to have a 'smart' type of combo box (I don't know if there is such a thing), whereby you could type in the field and the machine would find a match to ANY part of the text, not only reading from the start. I think it's better illustrated with an example.

Say I'm translating a clothes catalogue, but don't know exactly what field I should enter. I could go blind reading through the whole list until I came across 'Textiles' and found that Clothing is included in this area.

Instead, if I was able to type 'clothing' in the box a 'smart' combo box would lead me to where I need to go: Textiles / Fashion / Clothing

Do these things exist and, even if they don't, how about the initial proposal of at least having a combo box to avoid zooming up and down those endless language and field lists?

Yours hopefully,

Álvaro ))

[Edited at 2005-11-13 21:37]
Collapse

moken
moken  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:36
inglés al español
+ ...
Nice idea Muriel! Nov 13, 2005

Muriel Vasconcellos wrote:

Another idea: Would it be possible to adjust the software so that KudoZ askers can't close their questions for 24 hours?

Hear, hear!

As you say, users are still free to use the answers beforehand if they're desperate. I'm sure anyone visiting Kudoz often enough has seen blatantly wrong answers selected due to haste (admittedly some of my own for starters!)

On occasions I have even asked for the points to be reassigned, but all this means is trouble for the awardee honestly wanting to give up the points, for over-worked volunteer moderators having to mediate in the whole process and for the askers themselves who have to authorise such a procedure.

In the end it means more work all round for all those involved and when this isn't done, it leads to misleading KOG entries.

Rgds,

Álvaro ))

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 23:36
inglés al español
+ ...
Just when you thought it was over, IT`S BACK AGAIN!!! Nov 13, 2005

Jason Grimes wrote:
gad wrote:

This glitch should be fixed now. Please let me know if the problem continues.

Best regards,
Jason

Jason, I hate to tell you, but this glitch is back. It was fixed just for a few days. Every time I use the search, I save the settings. But if I go back to it 10 minuites later, it`s all over again.
Can you fixe it, please?
Thanks a lot.
Walter

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »