Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >
Comprehensive KudoZ update released
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:44
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Why "Works in Field"? Sep 19, 2005

In a KudoZ question I answered today - http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1141153 - in the Beta version, I find the words "Works in Field" in blue under my name. I thought this might be a link to part of my profile, but no, it doesn't link to anything, just "Works in Field".
Me? I don't even like gardening!
And in the v3 version, in the summary of answers, why has the number of agrees disappeared?
... See more
In a KudoZ question I answered today - http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1141153 - in the Beta version, I find the words "Works in Field" in blue under my name. I thought this might be a link to part of my profile, but no, it doesn't link to anything, just "Works in Field".
And in the v3 version, in the summary of answers, why has the number of agrees disappeared? It is still there in the beta version.
Collapse

Maria Diaconu
Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 05:44
English to Romanian
Works/specializes in field Sep 19, 2005

Jack Doughty wrote:

It took me some time to figure it out, but I finally did.
It has to do with what is called "Expertise". If you go to your profile page and click on "Edit expertise" in the left column, you will have a number of "specific fields" from which to choose. For each field you have to click on "Interest", "Working", or "Specialty". I suppose you have clicked on "Working" for this specific field, and that is why it appears like that.
However, this may sound misleading to people who don't know what it is about. If I answer a "Biology" question, it will say "Works in field" under my name. And people might mistake me for a biologist or something, which I'm not

cquest
cquest  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:44
English to Polish
+ ...
Sorting matched results Sep 20, 2005

Firstly, I like the improvements done recently.
However, I still don't understand what sequence is used to sort the results in the Kudoz Open Glossary Terms table. It is not based on the confidence level, neither on the alphabetical order. Could you make it more practical?

moken
moken  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Questions on new answer functions Sep 21, 2005

Hi again,

A few days ago I posted a question asking about the use of the "Check if you think this term should be marked as a good question" checkbox. What you're supposed to do is obvious enough, but I still don't really know its final aim.

I'd also like to ask about another function: "Target Dialect".
I assumed this was to save the "at least this is how it's said in Spain" explanations. However, when I select a specific dialect, I can't find any mention of it onc
... See more
Hi again,

A few days ago I posted a question asking about the use of the "Check if you think this term should be marked as a good question" checkbox. What you're supposed to do is obvious enough, but I still don't really know its final aim.

I'd also like to ask about another function: "Target Dialect".
I assumed this was to save the "at least this is how it's said in Spain" explanations. However, when I select a specific dialect, I can't find any mention of it once the answer is published. What's the point or how does it work?

Thanks for your time,

Álvaro )
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 22:44
SITE FOUNDER
The search-while-asking feature is already implemented Sep 22, 2005

Péter Tófalvi wrote:

What about making an automatic search, before posting the question, and if the term is found (maybe fuzzy matches?), asking the user whether she/he really wants to post the question on ProZ.com?

Thanks, Peter, we have already done that. There is a preview step now when you ask, and matches are shown during the preview step.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks, Daniel Sep 22, 2005

Daniel Coria wrote:

I think it would be useful to change the font and/or color of the time corresponding to a peer comment.

Thanks, Daniel. It will be in the next update.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Answers in the summary box are ordered according to confidence plus net agrees Sep 22, 2005

cquest wrote:

Firstly, I like the improvements done recently.
However, I still don't understand what sequence is used to sort the results in the Kudoz Open Glossary Terms table. It is not based on the confidence level, neither on the alphabetical order. Could you make it more practical?

Do you mean the summary of answers, or the list of terms in the KOG? The KOG is alphabetical. Answers in the summary are sorted by confidence *plus* net agrees. For example, if answerer A expresses a confidence of 4, and gets three agreements (net), her answer will appear above that of answerer B, with a confidence of 5 but only 1 agreement (net).

By net agreement, I mean number of agreements minus number of disagreements.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comprehensive KudoZ update released

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »