Possible to upgrade from Trados 5.5 to 7.0?
Auteur du fil: Petra Dr. Schmidt-Sarbutt
Petra Dr. Schmidt-Sarbutt
Petra Dr. Schmidt-Sarbutt
Australie
Local time: 07:37
allemand vers anglais
+ ...
Nov 6, 2005

Hi everyone,
I have just managed to destroy my Trados USB dongle in a freak accident!!
Just as well, as I still have been using version 5.5 and it is probably time for an upgrade.
The translationzone site does not give any information, if such an upgrade is possible and if so, how much it would cost - assuming they would let me upgrade from a (no longer usable) dongle version to a softkey version.

What really concerns me though is, whether I would be able to use my
... See more
Hi everyone,
I have just managed to destroy my Trados USB dongle in a freak accident!!
Just as well, as I still have been using version 5.5 and it is probably time for an upgrade.
The translationzone site does not give any information, if such an upgrade is possible and if so, how much it would cost - assuming they would let me upgrade from a (no longer usable) dongle version to a softkey version.

What really concerns me though is, whether I would be able to use my existing 5.5 TM without problems in 7.0?

Any information/advice/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Windows/Office xp.

Cheers and thanks,
Petra
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Local time: 23:37
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Moving the thread... Nov 6, 2005

...to Trados Support - please use this forum to post Trados-related topics.

Hi Petra,

Shouldn't be a problem, assuming you can still provide your license number.

Details are shown on TranslationZone - click on Upgrade from pre-TRADOS 6 FL.

What really concerns me though is, whether I would be able to use my existing 5.5 TM without problems in 7.0?

Yes. It's recommended to export your version 5.x TM, and to re-create it under T7, though.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible to upgrade from Trados 5.5 to 7.0?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »