CAT software advice
Thread poster: Sandra Alvarez
Sandra Alvarez
Sandra Alvarez
Local time: 22:28
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 30, 2004

I know this questions has already been asked several times, but the last posts I found were a year old...
I have a copy of Trados 6 that was given to me by one of the companies I work for (e.g. they own the dongle). I'd like to buy a CAT tool, and I find Trados too expensive for me right now (plus the dongle really bugs me!), what do you recommend?
Thanks,
Sandra

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 23:28
English to German
+ ...
The question is for what, as there are various types of tools May 30, 2004

S_alvz wrote:

I know this questions has already been asked several times, but the last posts I found were a year old...
I have a copy of Trados 6 that was given to me by one of the companies I work for (e.g. they own the dongle). I'd like to buy a CAT tool, and I find Trados too expensive for me right now (plus the dongle really bugs me!), what do you recommend?
Thanks,
Sandra
Hi!
The question is for what, as there are various types of tools. If it is for document translation, with fastest learning curve, I recommend Fusion, a link can be found at this forum. If you wish to speclialize on Website conversion, there are again many, the lastest one on the forum is called Webbudget, apparently it does more than Website translation., but to process a few exotic formats like .qxd, .mif, and the similar, Trados is still ( expensive but) a tool with many solutions.
Good luck
brandis

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'm a VERY happy WordFast user May 30, 2004

Hi,

S_alvz wrote:
Sandra

You should do another search of the fora using "which CAT" as there are several threads.
Here's the link to a recent one about the subject: http://www.proz.com/post/141425#141425

Regards,
Grace.

Sandra Alvarez
Sandra Alvarez
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for your help May 31, 2004

you're right! I missread the date... thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT software advice

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »