Thread poster: OTMed (X)
OTMed (X)
OTMed (X)
Poland
Local time: 18:11
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 5, 2003

I have abandoned all hopes that I will ever have enough time to browse/search for the translators agencies software. Here and there I have seen a couple of very efficient packages that could keep past/current/future customers database, register/dispatch/trace orders, analyze wordounts, do receipts etc.. The problem is all of them were custom-made, hard-core-high-skilled-in house-engineer programmed solutions used by huge localization companies.
For the time being we utilize a combination
... See more
I have abandoned all hopes that I will ever have enough time to browse/search for the translators agencies software. Here and there I have seen a couple of very efficient packages that could keep past/current/future customers database, register/dispatch/trace orders, analyze wordounts, do receipts etc.. The problem is all of them were custom-made, hard-core-high-skilled-in house-engineer programmed solutions used by huge localization companies.
For the time being we utilize a combination of Outlook+Excel+Invoicing Soft, that seems to be effective, but Im sure that there should be some easier, more comprehensive software solutions out there.

Does anybody know moderately priced, flexible translation management software that could streamline the administration and make translation management easier?
Thanks in advance for your input.
Collapse

Romuald Pawlikowski
Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Translation Office Manager Dec 7, 2003

Hello,

Once I tried the demo of TOM and I have found it quite attractive. Though I guess that its biggest drawback is its price which is about 780 euro for fully customizable network version. If you need a standard version for agencies it's about 480 euro.

Taking into account the price and the fact that I can still manage my clients with the "Access-Excel-Word" set I have not decided to purchase it
... See more
Hello,

Once I tried the demo of TOM and I have found it quite attractive. Though I guess that its biggest drawback is its price which is about 780 euro for fully customizable network version. If you need a standard version for agencies it's about 480 euro.

Taking into account the price and the fact that I can still manage my clients with the "Access-Excel-Word" set I have not decided to purchase it

Here is the link for TOM home site:
http://www.jovo-soft.de/index.html

Best regards,

Romuald
Collapse

InText Translation Company
InText Translation Company
Estonia
Local time: 19:11
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
More links Mar 28, 2004

www.jovo-soft.de/ - difficult interface

www.translation3000.com/ - Only for freelancer

www.aquarius.net/ - I do
... See more
www.jovo-soft.de/ - difficult interface

www.translation3000.com/ - Only for freelancer

www.aquarius.net/ - I do not know

www.atbtercume.com/ - not good

Best regards,
Stanislav

[Edited at 2005-03-28 11:33]
Collapse

OTMed (X)
OTMed (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the info Mar 29, 2004

It seems that small-to-medium sized agencies manage their workflow through Excel-Word-Invoicing soft or similar combination, whereas larger companies have their own, custom-made solutions.
BTW-Office 3000 developers are planning to release agency version. This may be a viable option.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software for translators agencies?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »