And the winner is ................ Déjà Vu!
Thread poster: eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 10, 2001

After playing and experimenting around with Trados, I can honestly say that DV is the winner!

Trados is full of technical glitches (sometimes, right in the middle of a WORD translation, the program \"stops\": it refuses to open a translation window, and even restarting the whole thing does not help). Yes, Trados can be a lot of headaches.

DV wins because a) it supports more common formats, b) it does not have any technical glitches (not that I know of -
... See more
After playing and experimenting around with Trados, I can honestly say that DV is the winner!

Trados is full of technical glitches (sometimes, right in the middle of a WORD translation, the program \"stops\": it refuses to open a translation window, and even restarting the whole thing does not help). Yes, Trados can be a lot of headaches.

DV wins because a) it supports more common formats, b) it does not have any technical glitches (not that I know of - so, that\'s good enough for me), c) it is less time-consuming in setting up and managing a project (Trados is very slow!!!!) and d)its glossary functions are much more user-friendly (setting up a termbase in DV is really easy and straightforward - and so is adding new terms!).

So, spread the word and give DV a fair chance.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

And the winner is ................ Déjà Vu!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »