Trados not opening - error window says "file could not be located"
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 01:13
German to English
Jan 31, 2020

Yesterday I was using Trados 2019 and it worked just fine. No problems at all.
I was comparing files with a colleague, however, and ran a MemoQ repair at some point.
Today Trados will not open - I've tried it from all locations. It runs through all the usual opening windows, but they all close and all I get is a Windows error message saying "The requested data file could not be located".
I am wondering if the MemoQ repair thing had anything to do with it, because otherwise I ha
... See more
Yesterday I was using Trados 2019 and it worked just fine. No problems at all.
I was comparing files with a colleague, however, and ran a MemoQ repair at some point.
Today Trados will not open - I've tried it from all locations. It runs through all the usual opening windows, but they all close and all I get is a Windows error message saying "The requested data file could not be located".
I am wondering if the MemoQ repair thing had anything to do with it, because otherwise I have no ideas why this is happening.
I have tried "repairing" Trados 2019 in the Programs section of the Control Panel. That is not working either.
What do I do now? Please help!!!
Collapse

TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 07:13
English to Polish
+ ...
probably you are right Jan 31, 2020

Hi,

Memoq might have created the problem. I would simply re-translate the file from scratch against the TM you worked on in the original project.

K.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados not opening - error window says "file could not be located"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »