How can I get Trados Studio 2019 to work?
Thread poster: kahori (X)
kahori (X)
kahori (X)
Japan
Local time: 12:55
Russian to Japanese
+ ...
Oct 7, 2018

Recently I purchased SDL Trados Studio 2019, and installed it successfully.
My notebook is Toshiba Dynabook with Windows7.
I can open Multi Term and it works well.
When I double-click the icon to open Trados Studio, it looks to get open, but there appears a message like "A problem occored and because of it the program doesn't dork well. Shall we close it?" And I have to close it...
I've rebooted, uninstalled and installed again, rebooted again, but all my effort does't ma
... See more
Recently I purchased SDL Trados Studio 2019, and installed it successfully.
My notebook is Toshiba Dynabook with Windows7.
I can open Multi Term and it works well.
When I double-click the icon to open Trados Studio, it looks to get open, but there appears a message like "A problem occored and because of it the program doesn't dork well. Shall we close it?" And I have to close it...
I've rebooted, uninstalled and installed again, rebooted again, but all my effort does't make the situation better,

Has anyone heard any similar case?
Could you please give me any advice?

Thank you.
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 05:55
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
I have never experienced this Oct 7, 2018

kahori wrote:
I've rebooted, uninstalled and installed again, rebooted again, but all my effort does't make the situation better,

Thank you.

What I would do in such an instance is to run Ccleaner and clean the registry and get rid of clutter on the machine.

If this doesn't help, one question is: How long ago since you reinstalled Windows? I experience that a clean reinstallation of Windows actually is helpful after a couple of years. In addition it usually gives Windows a speed boost.

Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I get Trados Studio 2019 to work?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »