The "Trusting for your partnership.We need to work together!" scam
Thread poster: Nani Delgado
Nani Delgado
Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Nov 21, 2011

Finally!

Finally I also received a scam e-mail today, which is my first one. It was sent by [email protected] (answer address was set to [email protected]) from the IP 41.191.87.102 that really seems to be Benim as the scammer said, but anyway: please read and enjoy. ...
See more
Finally!

Finally I also received a scam e-mail today, which is my first one. It was sent by [email protected] (answer address was set to [email protected]) from the IP 41.191.87.102 that really seems to be Benim as the scammer said, but anyway: please read and enjoy.

Dear Chosen partner,

I am Dr.Mclaret George a director general Cote d'Ivoire Cocoa Export under the Government of Laurent Gbagbo President of Cote d'Ivoire but retired due to the unrest political situation in the country recently which lead to the outbreak of war and the lost of my family in the process; then move to Benin republic for the safety of my life but before then, there’s funds deposited by a foreign business partner in my custody; the funds was intended for an-investment/exportation of cocoa before the war break out in the country; Which is process of the war «my foreign business partner also lost his life in car accident on his way while trying to leave the country; I have made all effort to locate his family relations but all my effort was in vain. I need you or your firm to apply for these funds since there is political/economic stability there in your country. I will help you through the bank director who will honor who ever I present as the relation of the deceased. With the help of the BANK director/proof of document in my possesion protect us from any problem of any law since his plan of investing the funds in my country did not work out do to the outbreak of war.

We can also use it together for any investment establishment in your country of residence or invest it into your company which can be given us good returns! I solicited your help and cooperation to stand as the family relation to the deceased partner to enable this funds $5.7 million dollars in BOA BENIN REPUBLIC transfer to your nominated account in your country or any account you may provide for these. If you are interested in working with me as a partner in this respect kindly respond to me urgently or contact the bank director (BOA) directly with your details information to review it before we proceed. Do start also making arrangement to open a fresh account for this purpose.

The bank Director Name: Dr.MeLarry Musa
Bank Director Email ID: [email protected]

Thanking you for your kind understanding and co-operation
Best Regards
Dr.Mclaret George
Tell: 00229 97 284763
Fax: 00229 21 3345600
Collapse

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:20
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
The same email Nov 21, 2011

I've received the same email.

If these Scammers really wanted to fool people, then it might perhaps be helpful to exclude the "tear jerkers" from their emails. Do they seriously believe that someone would enter into a business relationship with anybody under such unstable political conditions? That is quite naiv.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
A new version Nov 21, 2011

This is just the latest version of "el timo de los nigerianos" (The Nigerian scam). It's been around for years in different guises.

Pay no attention to it (¡al enemigo ni agua!)

David Wright
David Wright  Identity Verified
Austria
German to English
+ ...
Does anyone ever take these things seriously Nov 21, 2011

I think you'd have to be pretty stupid to believe them.

David Wright
David Wright  Identity Verified
Austria
German to English
+ ...
Or try this: Nov 21, 2011

http://www.thecleverest.com/written/270

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The "Trusting for your partnership.We need to work together!" scam

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »