texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:25
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 14, 2023

Why?

I’ve been waiting for a reply to my inquiry for 8 (eight) consecutive days.
Please see https://tinyurl.com/yckwtxsv

I find this lack of customer service to be unacceptable and utterly disrespectful.

I’ve been a paying member of this site for over 17 years, and I enjoyed it for the most part. However, I no longer see the same value this member
... See more
Why?

I find this lack of customer service to be unacceptable and utterly disrespectful.

I’ve been a paying member of this site for over 17 years, and I enjoyed it for the most part. However, I no longer see the same value this membership once held.

From a business standpoint, for me the only valuable incentive of being a member is the possibility to earn ATA CE points.

That said, can someone please reply to the question:

Has the International Translation Day event 2023 been awarded ATA CE points?
Collapse

Barbara Carrara
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Michael Newton
Philip Lees
P.L.F. Persio
Dalia Nour

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Information about ATA CE points will be shared with you in the forum as soon we get it Sep 15, 2023

texjax DDS PhD wrote:

Why?

I’ve been a paying member of this site for over 17 years, and I enjoyed it for the most part. However, I no longer see the same value this membership once held.

From a business standpoint, for me the only valuable incentive of being a member is the possibility to earn ATA CE points.

That said, can someone please reply to the question:

Has the International Translation Day event 2023 been awarded ATA CE points?

Dear texjax DDS PhD,

As mentioned before, the information about ATA CE points will be shared with you as soon as it becomes available.

ATA CE points were requested from ATA and we are waiting for a reply from ATA.

Thank you for your patience.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

All the bests,
Helen

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Sep 19, 2023

To those that might be interested, I’m glad to report that the event has been awarded up to 10 ATA CE points, as now stated in the FAQ: https://www2.proz.com/tv/ITD2023?phpv_redirected=1

Thank you to whoever made this possible.

PS.
Is this thread an indication of the decline of customer service and that the forum is not a good place to look for
... See more
To those that might be interested, I’m glad to report that the event has been awarded up to 10 ATA CE points, as now stated in the FAQ: https://www2.proz.com/tv/ITD2023?phpv_redirected=1

PS.
Is this thread an indication of the decline of customer service and that the forum is not a good place to look for answers? I'm just thinking out loud here, it's more of an observation than a question.

[Edited at 2023-09-20 00:49 GMT]
Collapse

Christopher Schröder
Barbara Carrara
Philip Lees

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:25
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks, tex! Sep 20, 2023

texjax DDS PhD wrote:

So, thank YOU, Bruna (aka texjax DDS PhD)!

PS.
Is this thread an indication of the decline of customer service and that the forum is not a good place to look for answers? I'm just thinking out loud here, it's more of an observation than a question.

Likewise, i.e. I thinking-out-loud-ly concur.

P.L.F. Persio
Philip Lees

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Sep 20, 2023

Thank you kindly Barbara, but I cannot take credit for this. I just wish they would have handled it differently both from the organizational and customer service standpoints.

This is the first time since the inception of the virtual conference that Proz disregarded the ATA CE points aspect. I’m glad it has been fixed, as many colleagues will benefit from it.

All’s well that ends well, sort of.

Happy International Translation Day, everybody!

P.L.F. Persio
Barbara Carrara

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:25
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
cont.d Sep 20, 2023

texjax DDS PhD wrote:

This is the first time since the inception of the virtual conference that Proz disregarded the ATA CE points aspect. I’m glad it has been fixed, as many colleagues will benefit from it.

Well, it wouldn't have happened had you not pointed that out. So, as far as I am concerned, all kudos go to you.
Enjoy the ITD. As for me, I will not take part. Far too many AI-centred talks for my liking (8 out of 17, from what I can see).

[Edited at 2023-09-21 04:26 GMT]

texjax DDS PhD
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you again Sep 22, 2023

Barbara Carrara wrote:

Well, it wouldn't have happened had you not pointed that out. So, as far as I am concerned, all kudos go to you.

On a second thought, you might be right. I'll buy you dinner someday!

Barbara Carrara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about ATA CE points is being blatantly ignored

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »