I'd like to have my profile link appear on the job page.
Thread poster: patyjs
patyjs
patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 19, 2008

Wouldn't it be really handy to have the profile link displayed just like the kudoz points are. Then, when responding to a job post that requests email contact (instead of the submit quote option) we could just cut and paste the link without having to skip to our profile page and back again.

Any thoughts?

Juliana Brown
Juliana Brown  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:53
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Absolutely Jun 19, 2008

patyjs wrote:

Wouldn't it be really handy to have the profile link displayed just like the kudoz points are. Then, when responding to a job post that requests email contact (instead of the submit quote option) we could just cut and paste the link without having to skip to our profile page and back again.

Any thoughts?

Good idea.

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:53
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Seems good idea to me Jun 19, 2008

but has to be a bit claryfied before
I see it as a button "add the link to my profile" or like.
That would speed quoting up, yes- at the moment I myself just copy that link from my email signatures (when submitting a quote, when I'm sending an email, it, of course, already is in my signature).

Uldis

patyjs wrote:

Any thoughts?

Joan Berglund
Joan Berglund  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
French to English
I agree Jun 19, 2008

Some automated way to put the link in would be very handy. Then all we would need is some automated way to get outsourcers to read all the information available on the profile page instead of asking me a dozen questions one at a time about things that are already answered there -- which is why I always include my profile link when quoting jobs in the first place.

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:53
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My support Jun 19, 2008

patyjs wrote:

..without having to skip to our profile page and back again.

Yes, great idea.

Lynda Tharratt
Lynda Tharratt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I agree Jun 20, 2008

I've thought the very same thing. This feature would be very helpful!

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:53
English to Dutch
+ ...
In the meantime.... Jun 20, 2008

Thought I'd share this little tip:

I've got my profile page bookmarked in Thunderbird. When quoting, I open a second tab in Thunderbird (but I would think Internet Explore has a similar feature) and then copy and paste the link to the quote I'm writing.
Works pretty fast and simple. Going back and forth between tabs is a lot easier than going back and forth between pages.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 10:53
SITE STAFF
A tip that might serve the same purpose Jun 20, 2008

For those using the new site version, your name and profile link appear at the top of each page. By right-clicking on your name, and choosing "Copy link location", you copy your profile URL. All you need to do then is "Paste". Does this serve the same purpose?

Best regards,

Jared

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:53
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Thank you Jared Jun 20, 2008

works fine for me. However, it would be better to make this more obvious- say to add the text (even in small letters) "right-click on the link to copy your profile location (or URL) " before the text "Uldis Liepkalns"? There is space for it. In my experience not so many people know how to use Right Clicks (even I myself learned them just a few years ago).

Uldis

[quote]Jared wrote:

For those using the new site version, your name and profile link appear at the top of each page. By right-clicking on your name, and choosing "Copy link location", you copy your profile URL. All you need to do then is "Paste". Does this serve the same purpose?

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'd like to have my profile link appear on the job page.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »