Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Nov 24, 2007

Hello, ProZers!

I want to use the ProZ Site Creator to make a new website on a subdomain that I created (just to show some non-work-related photos to friends).

When I go to the ProZ.com Hosting page, and click on ProZ Site Creator, it says that my current web page is www.patriciarosas.net. I don't want to overwrite the web site that already exists at that address. I can't see anyw
... See more
Hello, ProZers!

I want to use the ProZ Site Creator to make a new website on a subdomain that I created (just to show some non-work-related photos to friends).

When I go to the ProZ.com Hosting page, and click on ProZ Site Creator, it says that my current web page is www.patriciarosas.net. I don't want to overwrite the web site that already exists at that address. I can't see anyway to switch to the subdomain that I've created.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Patricia
Collapse

Haiyang Ai (X)
Haiyang Ai (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:50
English to Chinese
+ ...
Proz Hosting Nov 25, 2007

What's your subdomain name on proz.com? Do you see anything like *.my.proz.com? I believe that will be your subdomain. Can you use Control Panel on Proz.com hosting page to do the configuration?

Kind regards,
Haiyang

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
thanks, but I can't find a way to use Control Panel ... Nov 25, 2007

Haiyang Ai wrote:

What's your subdomain name on proz.com? Do you see anything like *.my.proz.com? I believe that will be your subdomain. Can you use Control Panel on Proz.com hosting page to do the configuration?

Kind regards,
Haiyang

Haiyang,

My domain is patriciarosas.net and the subdomain is pictures.patriciarosas.net (I just had my first grandchild, so this is a 21st century version of the photos in the wallet).

I used the control panel to create it, then I waited a while and went to the site builder, but the only option is to build a site at patriciarosas.net, which is the home of my professional web site, and I'm fearful of overwriting it (of course, I could just reupload it, but I'd rather avoid that).

Best,
Patricia

Andrew
Andrew
United States
English
Let me see what I can do. Nov 26, 2007

Hello Patricia,

I'll look into our site creator and see about sub-domain compatibility.

I've just made some updates to our hosting for things such as the security images on the contact forms and several other minor tweaks. While I'm updating that stuff I'll ensure that the site creator places content in the appropriate folders and does not overwrite existing content.

Best Regards,

Andrew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

switching between domain and subdomain with ProZ Site Creator

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »