Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:28
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Oct 30, 2005

Yesterday I posted a question regarding the website uploading. Thanks to Proz colleague advice I uploaded my site now to my Proz server, public html folder and ... nothing! When I enter my website's url, up comes this really nice Proz page informing me that I have not uploaded my site yet.
What on earth can I do now? What am I doing wrong?

SOS! It is driving me up the wall already!
Burrell

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 06:28
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Ask Proz.com Oct 31, 2005

Burrell wrote:

Yesterday I posted a question regarding the website uploading. Thanks to Proz colleague advice I uploaded my site now to my Proz server, public html folder and ... nothing! When I enter my website's url, up comes this really nice Proz page informing me that I have not uploaded my site yet.

Burrell

With the software used to upload your files, can you actually see them in the server? If these files are there, is there one called something like index.htm/index.html (or index.php if your home page has the php extension)?

If you have really uploaded your site to the right folder and nothing comes up, at this point I think only the Proz.com hosting service staff can help you. Why don't you get in contact directly with them?

Mario Cerutti
http://www.aliseo.com

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 23:28
English to German
+ ...
How did you upload Oct 31, 2005

Burrell wrote:

Burrell
Were you given a user and password by the hosting managtement. For example I had entered these in DW and up was the website. Brandis

Ines Burrell
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Proz hosting Oct 31, 2005

Yes, I can see the files in target folder. And the user name and password all work alright, I have a couple of email accounts there as well, so that is not the source of trouble.
I will look for the index file however, not quite sure about that one. And if all else fails, will contact Proz hosting technical support.

Thanks a lot!
Burrell

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 23:28
English to German
+ ...
The first page that is normally displayed Oct 31, 2005

Burrell wrote:

Yes, I can see the files in target folder. And the user name and password all work alright, I have a couple of email accounts there as well, so that is not the source of trouble.
I will look for the index file however, not quite sure about that one. And if all else fails, will contact Proz hosting technical support.

Thanks a lot!
Burrell
is your index file, also known as index.htm, This is important, otherwise your site wouldn´t know which orderly projection is to be maintained. Some people have index1.htm and index2.htm also, I wonder why? Brandis

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Me too Nov 6, 2005

I am in the same position, except that I probably have less idea of what I am doing than you do. If you find the answer through a support message or any other way, please either publish it in this forum or tell me about it by email.

Ines Burrell
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Proz support Nov 7, 2005

Hi Jack,

I files Proz hosting support request. Probably it was obvious what a basket case I am in this field, as I received the best possible assistance. What happened was that I had uploaded my files to the wrong folder, the next, in fact. So they were moved to the right place for me and the website was set up, so now it is working.
What stage are you stuck in?

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Thanks for the reply Nov 8, 2005

Well, my software told me I had uploaded it somehere but I don't know where or how to find out where. I reckon I'll have to submit a support request myself.

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:28
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
steps Nov 8, 2005

Jack Doughty wrote:

Well, my software told me I had uploaded it somehere but I don't know where or how to find out where. I reckon I'll have to submit a support request myself.

Jack, these are the steps I followed:

1. Create HTML files (I created them in Wordpad, saved them as text but with extension .html. You may have created them in another way. Among these files you must have a file called index.html. That will be the initial page of your website.)
2. Go to tab "My ProZ.com" and select My Hosting
3. Select "Control Panel" and log in
4. Click on the "File Manager" icon
5. Click on folder www (the yellow icon, not the name "www")
6. Select "Upload files".
7. Click on Browse and upload your files one by one. When you're done, click "Upload".

That should be it. To check if files were uploaded correctly type the URL followed by index.html (http://www.jackdoughtywebsite.com/index.html). At which point did you get stuck?
Maria

Unbounded Arts
Unbounded Arts
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Uploading website/problems Jun 1, 2006

Hello,

I created my website using Webeasy professional and uploaded the diles into the public.html folder in my CPanel account manager.
Then I also get the nice message saying my website has not been created yet.

Please help.

Thanks

Constance

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website uploaded, what next?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »