What if the asker never closes the question?
Tópico cartaz: Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:02
inglês para português
+ ...
Nov 9, 2006

I've answered to a question on Sept 18th and I got the biggest number of agree points. However, the asker has never closed the question.
In this case, how can one remind the asker about it? I've tried sending her a note, but unfortunately she hasn't replied. Is there anything else I can do, since she's not a ProZ member, nor was she logged in when she asked this question?

Thanks!

Teresa

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Grécia
Local time: 22:02
inglês para grego
+ ...
Give it some time... Nov 9, 2006

and the system will close it automatically awarding the points to the answer with the most peer agrees.

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapura
Local time: 03:02
Membro (2004)
chinês para inglês
What happens if a question isn't graded? Nov 9, 2006

If a question has received answers but not been closed within three days, email is sent to the asker reminding him or her to grade. If the question remains open after four such reminders have been sent (over 2 weeks), an attempt is made to select the best answer automatically.

An 'autograding robot' makes its selection based on the net number of peer 'agrees' received by each answer, according to the following rules:

- To be considered, an answer must have at least two "net agrees" (agrees-disagrees).

- The answer with the highest number of net agrees is selected. If two answers have the same number of net agrees, the last one entered is selected. The idea is that if two answers gather the same number of net agrees, the one that did so in a shorter period of time may be better.)

If no answer has at least 2 net agrees, it remains open.

Here is the link: http://www.proz.com/faq/kudoz#kudoz_question_grading

Hope this helps.

Denyce

Susy Ordaz
Susy Ordaz  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:02
português para inglês
+ ...
I hear you Nov 9, 2006

Teresa, I can completely understand where your're coming from. Unfortunately many of the times, we research our answers and best explain the questions and we get absolutely no feedback whatsoever. We both know who these people are (especially in the Portuguese language) are and my advice is either continue to answer or just avoid these people who continue to post questions. Many of them don't even have a complete profile so I doubt you'll even get the deserved courteousy of an answer. I didn't.... See more
Teresa, I can completely understand where your're coming from. Unfortunately many of the times, we research our answers and best explain the questions and we get absolutely no feedback whatsoever. We both know who these people are (especially in the Portuguese language) are and my advice is either continue to answer or just avoid these people who continue to post questions. Many of them don't even have a complete profile so I doubt you'll even get the deserved courteousy of an answer. I didn't. And don´t forget to post something about yourself in the Portuguese forum, ok?
Susy
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Espanha
Local time: 21:02
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
The Spanish solution to date is a dedicated Help-the-Robot forum thread Nov 9, 2006

where pending question links are posted.

http://www.proz.com/topic/40021

This allows forum participants to access and comment on kudoZ questions.

You might try opening one in each language.

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguai
Local time: 16:02
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
English Robot Nov 10, 2006

Parrot wrote:

where pending question links are posted.

http://www.proz.com/topic/40021

This allows forum participants to access and comment on kudoZ questions.

You might try opening one in each language.

And the general (English) forum is here: http://www.proz.com/topic/40152

Hope it helps.

Walter

ErichEko ⟹⭐
ErichEko ⟹⭐  Identity Verified
Indonésia
Local time: 02:02
Membro (2007)
inglês para indonésio
+ ...
What about "No-Answer" Questions? Nov 11, 2006

What about questions that did not attract any answer due to one of the followings:

= They are too difficult (needing very deep skill of specific field)?

= They are invalid (asking for more than 1 terms)?

I've found several open KudoZ in my language pair (English-Indonesian), even one question is kind of testing KudoZ form (containing like "test pls ignore"). It may result from the fact that there is no moderator assigned for the pair.

Anyway,
... See more
What about questions that did not attract any answer due to one of the followings:

= They are too difficult (needing very deep skill of specific field)?

= They are invalid (asking for more than 1 terms)?

I've found several open KudoZ in my language pair (English-Indonesian), even one question is kind of testing KudoZ form (containing like "test pls ignore"). It may result from the fact that there is no moderator assigned for the pair.

Anyway, inspired by link given by Walter, I'll try to help clean up for my lang pair from now...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What if the asker never closes the question?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »