Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Does ProZ.com award points for asking questions in KudoZ too?
Thread poster: tilak raj
Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:31
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
New survey on KudoZ Jul 15, 2013

Paul Stevens wrote:

Enrique Cavalitto wrote:

Paul Stevens wrote:

I can't be sure what the precise limits are nowadays, but I believe that, up until about a couple of years ago at least, the limits were 15 questions per day and 60 questions per week for members and 5 per day and 20 per week for non-members.

I have commented before on the forums that I believe that the limits for members are ridiculously high for a competent translator, but I do not recall seeing anything on here confirming that such limits have been changed. Perhaps a member of the site's staff would be kind enough to advise on this.

Thanks Paul, you are correct, limits are 15/60 for members and 5/20 for non-members.

Some years ago a quick poll was run on the question "Would you agree with lowering the weekly limits of KudoZ questions to 45/15 for member/non-members?"

The 1292 answers received were distributed as follows:
  • No, keep them at 60/20 - 35.7%
  • I don't care - 34.4%
  • Yes - 22.4%
  • I don't know - 7.4%

Regards,
Enrique

Thanks for your post, Enrique. Since the quick poll was carried out "some years ago", might it possibly be a good idea to run a similar poll again to see if the result is significantly different?

A new survey was issued, including the following question that received 432 replies:

Some ProZ.com members have raised the issue of lowering the number of questions that members and non-members may ask per day or week. What is your opinion on lowering the daily/weekly limit on KudoZ questions?
    • Agree, question-asking should be limited further - 113 (26.2%)
    • It's fine the way it is - 194 (44.9%)
    • I disagree, question asking should be limited less - 73 (16.9%)
    • I don't care - 52 (12.0%)

If we exclude the 12% of votes 'I don't care', we have:
  • 29.7% would have stricter limits
  • 51.0% are happy with the current limits
  • 19.2% would have less limits

In the previous poll, if we exclude 'don't know' and 'don't care' answers, we had:
  • 61.5% were against stricter limits
  • 38.5% would have stricter limits

The results are consistent and show that less than 40% of respondents wold have stricted KudoZ limits.

Regards,
Enrique

Andrei Albu
Andrei Albu
Romania
Local time: 06:31
Member (2002)
English to Romanian
+ ...
The answer to this question is in the FAQ section Jul 23, 2013

tilakahuja wrote:

Does Proz provides points for asking questions in kudoz too? Like we see people get points on answer and agree. Does proz provides same for asking questions?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2013-07-06 12:39 GMT]

Before even asking such questions, it would be advisable to consult the site's FAQ. It contains a wealth of information, and your question gets answered therein. Please see http://www.proz.com/faq/terminology_term_help.html

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:31
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Are you kidding? Feb 26, 2014

If points are awarded to askers, the KudoZ site will be history in two weeks, as it will be impossible to use it.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does ProZ.com award points for asking questions in KudoZ too?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »