mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 01:24
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Errr... Dec 7, 2009

Pablo Bouvier wrote:
Should I consult a dictionary or should I prefer to rely on those who handle with this type of tools every day?
Is my answer wrong?
Is my answer not explicit enough?

I don't do German to Spanish so I cannot answer those questions.

What I do know, for certain, is that you are addressing a topic that has never been posed in this thread and defending a facet of Kudoz answering that has never been criticised - at least by me.

Your link, as it happens, breaks the Forum rules (the same rules that prevented me from posting examples of what I consider to be abuse). However, I have looked at the Kudoz you linked to and I can see nothing wrong with it. You provided a link to a specific webpage relevant to the question. Great! At least the asker will probably see the same information if (s)he clicks that link within the next few days.

The thing I strongly object to is the posting of URLs that begin with http://www.google.cl/search? blahblahblah
i.e. links to search queries as opposed to search results. An asker who clicks on an asker's search query link will almost certainly not see the same information - even if they click on it 5 seconds after it has been posted.

MediaMatrix

Sushan Harshe
Sushan Harshe
India
Local time: 10:54
English to Hindi
+ ...
Limit KudoZ to three words Dec 7, 2009

"If the source term or expression is a complete commercial slogan, post it as a job, not a Kudoz."

My suggestion; Instead of asking posters to confined to number of words while posting in Kudoz; I suggest, limit Kudoz term box to three word space.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New KudoZ rules (proposal)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »