Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
KudoZ grading system needs to be changed!
Thread poster: sarandor
Anna Fominykh
Anna Fominykh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:36
English to Russian
+ ...
I see your point, Enrique Mar 19, 2009

After reviewing the the document describing the role of moderators, I can agree with you that moderators are not the best persons to judge if there are linguistic problems. In the case that I described it was a word with an opposite meaning that was chosen. But the problem still remain: wrong answers are continuously being added to glossary.

As Mike (de Oliveira) Brady wrote:
"I quite often see people telling the asker they have selected the wrong answer. I think these checks
... See more
After reviewing the the document describing the role of moderators, I can agree with you that moderators are not the best persons to judge if there are linguistic problems. In the case that I described it was a word with an opposite meaning that was chosen. But the problem still remain: wrong answers are continuously being added to glossary.

As Mike (de Oliveira) Brady wrote:
"I quite often see people telling the asker they have selected the wrong answer. I think these checks are sufficient safeguard. While askers sometimes select a wrong answer, I've also seen wrong answers have most peer support."

And since the system has no tools to fix these problems it seems it is asking to be improved.

P.S.I also contacted a moderator to resolve what I would think would be considered a wrongdoing, which was a violation of rule 1.2 of KudoZ site rules, as somebody was being rude and making crude personal remarks. It was two weeks ago and I still have not received so much as a response.
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: User's request - http://www.proz.com/ticket/303907
Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:36
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Parameters Sep 23, 2010

szkott wrote:

I didn't know that a ratio of "questions answered/questions chosen" existed. ...

To me, this must be the MAIN parameter to sort Kudoz users. Then, as a secondary parameter, we could filter users according to their Kudoz.

Kind regards!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ grading system needs to be changed!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »