Jorge Rodríguez Rodríguez
Jorge Rodríguez Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 23, 2021

Good evening, colleagues!

I started my career as a freelance translator some months ago and have worked only with EU-countries and with local agencies, that is, located in Spain.

I translate from English and German into Spanish from Spain and I am located in Spain.

After reading bad experiences with PayPal and Skrill on the internet, I decided to open a Wise account. I sent several e-mails to them to get information about how it works and so on and it seems
... See more
Good evening, colleagues!

I started my career as a freelance translator some months ago and have worked only with EU-countries and with local agencies, that is, located in Spain.

I translate from English and German into Spanish from Spain and I am located in Spain.

After reading bad experiences with PayPal and Skrill on the internet, I decided to open a Wise account. I sent several e-mails to them to get information about how it works and so on and it seems to be a reliable way to receive money from the countries allowed.

The question is:

For those translators located in the EU, how do you receive payments from Russia and Latinamerica? I contacted only with one agency in Latinamerica and they sent a translation test DE>ES to me, so I think those countries could be a potential market for me. In addition, I have been added to the platform of a Russian agency.

The problem is that Russia and not a single country in Latinamerica (including Brazil) are included in the countries where they can send payments in USD to my USD balance in Wise.

Although I have seen interesting job post in Proz from Brazil in the pair DE>ES posted by agencies with a 5 of LWA, I don't know how to receive payments from those countries in a way it's cheap both for them and for me.

Thank you so much and have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jorge
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Receive payments from Latinamerica and Russia

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »