Good bulletin boards for selling used books?
Thread poster: Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:30
Member (2003)
German to English
Mar 21, 2003

I\'m trying to sell some used reference dictionaries. Would you know of any bulletin boards around the Internet where I am allowed to simply list my items for free? (Such postings are not yet allowed on Proz-although it is currently under consideration.)

It\'s like you go to a used bookstore and they want to pay you 1/500th of what it\'s worth. Crazy.

Thanks for all your help.

[ This Message was edited by: ronjon on 2003-03-21 18:
... See more
I\'m trying to sell some used reference dictionaries. Would you know of any bulletin boards around the Internet where I am allowed to simply list my items for free? (Such postings are not yet allowed on Proz-although it is currently under consideration.)

It\'s like you go to a used bookstore and they want to pay you 1/500th of what it\'s worth. Crazy.

Thanks for all your help.

[ This Message was edited by: ronjon on 2003-03-21 18:06]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:30
SITE FOUNDER
What books? How much? Mar 21, 2003

Go ahead and post here, assuming they are books that would be of interest to ProZ.com members...

Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:30
Member (2003)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Henry. Mar 21, 2003

I think it\'s a very good idea to allow this. Because of their highly specialized nature, they would only seem to have a demand for translators. I would hope eventually that there could be such a forum category of its own.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good bulletin boards for selling used books?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »