Thread poster: Neirda
Neirda
Neirda  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:53
Chinese to French
+ ...
Jan 11

I hope it’s OK if I do some self-advertisement, but I assume I’ll be on-topic.
I’d like to introduce (and hopefully collect feedback on) Raiverb: a tool built from the ground up to be a fusion between a CAT and AI and LLMs, in a simple interface.

Simply put, you can import your source content, TM and glossary if you have one. You can also set extra prompts for the whole document or project, and/or per segment (exclusive or cumulative) and a few other settings (IE words l
... See more
I hope it’s OK if I do some self-advertisement, but I assume I’ll be on-topic.
I’d like to introduce (and hopefully collect feedback on) Raiverb: a tool built from the ground up to be a fusion between a CAT and AI and LLMs, in a simple interface.

Simply put, you can import your source content, TM and glossary if you have one. You can also set extra prompts for the whole document or project, and/or per segment (exclusive or cumulative) and a few other settings (IE words limit), then you can let the program run the translation, segment by segment. The software will use all information available, including matches from the TM and glossary, and collect the translated results from the LLM. It will also remember its own previous translations so they remain consistent, with the option to pause and course-correct.

There’s also a few extra features that are completely offline and AI-independent:
- An OCR (optical recognition) to import JPG, PNG or other popular picture formats and extract the text from them. To be used then for translation, or save for any purpose. PDFs work as well if they contain pictures.
- A Translation Memory converter, if you have a bilingual XLSX spreadsheet that you would like to have converted into a TM for some reason.

Obviously this isn't going to be for everyone, but if the concept is interesting to you, I’d be really interested to have your feedback.
I come from the gaming industry, where huge volumes and repetitions are very common, so for me this has been a huge time saver and this is mostly where the idea came from.

It’s Windows only for the moment, but could consider other platforms if demand exists.

More explanations and download link over there: https://www.bouncerock.com/hub/raiverb/
(Reading the manual is highly recommended before starting)
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:53
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Confidentiality Jan 11

Neirda wrote:

Thanks for this, looks interesting. My sticking point - and this won't be the case for all users, of course - is that anything I need doing must be offline to avoid confidential information being sent back and forth to some server somewhere. Am I right to assume the LLM is built/trained online rather than locally...?

Dan

Neirda
Neirda  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:53
Chinese to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Jan 11

Absolutely. Right now and as long as the beta is going, the translation is done online and uses OpenAI models (The software offers a few options). Therefore, you need to register an account on the website and be credited with tokens (Which I'll offer for free here of course). The CAT part with fuzzy matching and all the rest is done offline, and without an account, you can still output a mock prompt showing what data Raiverb would have cooked up for the LLM.

In a nutshell, it's not
... See more
Absolutely. Right now and as long as the beta is going, the translation is done online and uses OpenAI models (The software offers a few options). Therefore, you need to register an account on the website and be credited with tokens (Which I'll offer for free here of course). The CAT part with fuzzy matching and all the rest is done offline, and without an account, you can still output a mock prompt showing what data Raiverb would have cooked up for the LLM.

In a nutshell, it's not LLM specific and it could be feasible to provide the option for the user to use its own LLM online or offline. I'm open to suggestions (and, full disclaimer, trying to figure out how to make this commercially viable).
Collapse

Dan Lucas

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:53
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
I see Jan 11

Neirda wrote:
(and, full disclaimer, trying to figure out how to make this commercially viable).

Thanks for the clarification and good luck!

Dan

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

New AI-CAT fusion software, feedback welcome

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »