Diana Kaplan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:51
English to German
+ ...
Mar 2, 2020

Hi,

Maybe somebody here can help.

I accepted a job from a client who said that the file is in passolo (and sent me the installation instructions etc.)
I downloaded everything and can open everything except for the actual translation file (tbulic16).
Now- I don´t work with trados anymore, is that the reason? Or does anyone have an idea how to actually open it?

TIA!

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
Local time: 09:51
German to French
+ ...
The right Passolo version Mar 2, 2020

Hello,

If the file is tbulic16, you need the Passolo version 2016 (and not 2015 or 2018). Each file generation works only with the corresponding software year. Check it out.

Regards

Jorge Payan

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 02:51
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Did they send you the right version? Mar 3, 2020

I wish you luck. Passolo is not an easy beast to tame.

I started working with Passolo 6.0 (circa 2012) and so far have already translated around 100.000 words in this messy software. Every released version is full of bugs, incompatibility issues, import/exports issues, etc. Besides, is quite unfriendly!!

Passolo 2018 (not 2016) is able to export/import in sdlxliff format to Studio or other TenTs, and would avoid the need for you to work in the Passolo environment. Unfo
... See more
I wish you luck. Passolo is not an easy beast to tame.

I started working with Passolo 6.0 (circa 2012) and so far have already translated around 100.000 words in this messy software. Every released version is full of bugs, incompatibility issues, import/exports issues, etc. Besides, is quite unfriendly!!

Passolo 2018 (not 2016) is able to export/import in sdlxliff format to Studio or other TenTs, and would avoid the need for you to work in the Passolo environment. Unfortunately for you, I doubt that your customer would be able to supply you with .tbulic18 bundles, as they would need to update to Team / Collaboration 2018 Edition.

If you cannot find Passolo Translator 2016, send me your e-mail address and I will gladly supply it to you.

Saludos
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Passolo needed

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »