Resources for medical English>Spanish translation
Thread poster: Berenice Granado
Sep 8, 2019

Hello! I would like to find some resources related to scientific and medical translation form English into Spanish. More specifically, I am looking for any glossary related to Neurosphysiology, Phsysiology or Neurosciences and some Anatomy atlas. Anyone can help? Many thanks.

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:50
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
very specific Sep 10, 2019

Hi Berenice,
You seem to be looking for some very specific glossaries. To me, it rather sounds like you may need to invest in a good medical dictionary (I don't know which one as Spanish is not one of my working languages) and perhaps a couple of monolingual medical textbooks. From there, you build your own glossaries.
As for resources, are you familiar with the MedDRA pages (to look up translations for specific conditions etc.) and IATE (a European termbase)? These may be a good sta
... See more
Hi Berenice,
You seem to be looking for some very specific glossaries. To me, it rather sounds like you may need to invest in a good medical dictionary (I don't know which one as Spanish is not one of my working languages) and perhaps a couple of monolingual medical textbooks. From there, you build your own glossaries.
As for resources, are you familiar with the MedDRA pages (to look up translations for specific conditions etc.) and IATE (a European termbase)? These may be a good start. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has some templates on their website, but I think these are mainly related to the regulatory side of clinical trials, so may be less relevant to you.
Good luck!
Collapse

Berenice Granado

Berenice Granado
Berenice Granado
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 18, 2019

Hi Marjolein,

Many thanks for your suggestions. I have tried some of them already; just wondering if someone could share some free resources related to Medicine.

Nice day,
Berenice

Barbara Thomas
Barbara Thomas
United States
Local time: 18:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Cosnautas.com, one of the best starting points Sep 18, 2019

Cosnautas.com is one of the best available resources from EN>ES translators. There are terminology discussions, Fernando Navarro's unparalleled Libro Rojo for medical translation difficulties, and a quarterly publication on translation topics.

Barbara Thomas
Barbara Thomas
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Wikipedia.org Sep 18, 2019

I often use wikipedia, particularly for anatomy and physiology. Look for the topic in the source language, then look for the topic in other languages using the left-hand panel. Many articles are parallel translations, which makes it easy to find the corresponding translations. The articles often provide useful background and links for further research.

Barbara Thomas
Barbara Thomas
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Wikibooks - Human Physiology - The Nervous System Sep 18, 2019

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Human_Physiology/The_Nervous_System

Barbara Thomas
Barbara Thomas
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Neuroscience Online, an Open-Access Neuroscience Electronic Textbook Sep 18, 2019

https://nba.uth.tmc.edu/neuroscience/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resources for medical English>Spanish translation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »