Thread poster: Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:34
English to German
+ ...
Aug 21, 2020

I just changed to a new iMac and I boot Mac OS Catalina simply by attaching the external SSD containing the full system to the new machine. On trying to open TMX Editor a Register Subscription windows opens and upon entering my subscription key it says "Subscription key in use". How do I cancel the old subscription in order to resubscribe on the new machine?

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:34
English to Spanish
Subscriptions are optional Aug 21, 2020

TMXEditor is open source and free. You can download the code from GitHub and use it in compliance with the license terms in as many computers as you wish.

Installers and technical support are available as subscriptions. A subscription key covers one computer and includes unlimited upgrades while the subscription is valid. Once registered, subscription cannot be transferred to a different machine.

Subscriptions are optional. It's not necessary to purchase them for using
... See more
TMXEditor is open source and free. You can download the code from GitHub and use it in compliance with the license terms in as many computers as you wish.

Installers and technical support are available as subscriptions. A subscription key covers one computer and includes unlimited upgrades while the subscription is valid. Once registered, subscription cannot be transferred to a different machine.

Subscriptions are optional. It's not necessary to purchase them for using TMXEditor.

Regards,
Rodolfo
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX Editor subscription Aug 21, 2020

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

Subscriptions are optional. It's not necessary to purchase them for using TMXEditor.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Thanks Rodolfo, I wasn't aware that the window asking for the subscription key could be clicked away.

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Subscription window Aug 21, 2020

The open source version of TMXEditor does not display a window asking for a subscription key. It just runs without checking registration status.

TMXEditor registration is only required for versions from the official installers.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX Editor subscription Aug 21, 2020

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

The open source version of TMXEditor does not display a window asking for a subscription key. It just runs without checking registration status.

TMXEditor registration is only required for versions from the official installers.

Regards,
Rodolfo

So that's what happens in my case as I have versions from the official installer. And as I keep getting this message for subscription, no file can be opened.

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Open source version Aug 21, 2020

You can get the open source version from https://github.com/rmraya/TMXEditor.

Instructions for building and running are included in the GitHub page. Support for the open source version is available on Maxprograms Support group.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Open source version Aug 21, 2020

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

You can get the open source version from https://github.com/rmraya/TMXEditor.

Instructions for building and running are included in the GitHub page. Support for the open source version is available on Maxprograms Support group.

As I don't know the first thing about GitHub and open source versions, I'm thus left with a legit, paid-for version of the software with a licence key that I cannot use. A bit unfair, don't you think so?

Rodolfo Raya
English to Spanish
Your subscription still works Aug 21, 2020

You can use your subscription in your other Mac.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX Editor subscription Aug 22, 2020

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

The other Mac is not in use anymore.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TMX Editor subscription Aug 25, 2020

Rodolfo Raya wrote:

One thing you could do, methinks, is resetting my TMX Editor licence (and my SW licence as well) so that I can use them on the new iMac.

Michael Bosch
Michael Bosch
English to Dutch
+ ...
Not even possible to login to Maxprograms account Dec 6, 2022

I had the same problem with Swordfish and Stingray, got them both, bought the licenses and now only new MacBook I can't use it, I remember when I just bought it years ago it was possible to disable the license on your old device and then register it on the new one, but that option seems gone.

I was going to buy more products from them to support my workflow, but that is not going to happen anymore, also their website has been changed and there is no option anymore to login to your a
... See more
I had the same problem with Swordfish and Stingray, got them both, bought the licenses and now only new MacBook I can't use it, I remember when I just bought it years ago it was possible to disable the license on your old device and then register it on the new one, but that option seems gone.

I was going to buy more products from them to support my workflow, but that is not going to happen anymore, also their website has been changed and there is no option anymore to login to your account as Ii used to do to check my licenses etc. Now I really only on the emails that I got and the installed version on my old MacBook, which is not working very well. So impossible to use the applications that I paid a lot of money for to work with.

Maybe time for me to step into the direction of other tools.
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Welcome Dec 6, 2022

Michael Bosch wrote:

I was going to buy more products from them to support my workflow, but that is not going to happen anymore, also their website has been changed and there is no option anymore to login to your account as Ii used to do to check my licenses etc. Now I really only on the emails that I got and the installed version on my old MacBook, which is not working very well. So impossible to use the applications that I paid a lot of money for to work with.

Maybe time for me to step into the direction of other tools.

Yes, you should definitely look for another tool. I felt ripped off at the time I realized Rodolfo would not move a finger to allow me to install TMXEditor on my new iMac. He says it's all on Git Hub, sorry, but I don't know the first thing about GitHub and I did not pay 100 € to be instructed for DIY-application knitting. So exit everything Maxprogram.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TMX Editor subscription

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »