What is it about TM view that bothers Trados so much?
Thread poster: Kalinka Hristova
Kalinka Hristova
Kalinka Hristova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:29
Member (2007)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Dec 30, 2020

What is it about Translation Memory view that bothers Trados so much? EVERY time I try to open the TM view, Trados stops responding. And it doesn't respond for hours! Restarting it doesn't help a bit. Is there any way to convince Studio 2021 to work, and open TM view WHILE translating? Or I am asking for too much?!?!?...

Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 10:29
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Do other people have this problem? Dec 31, 2020

Do other people have this problem with Trados 2021?

What computer do you have? OS? Speed of µp? Memory?

Omar Lobao
Omar Lobao  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:29
Italian to Portuguese
+ ...
Same problem Jan 11, 2021

The same problem happens to me, especially when I start Trados. Trados stopos responding for some minutes in the visualization in the TM view, but after it returns to normal.
Other times it signals a TM error. I have to open it again (and everything is ok). but the same happens almost whenever I open Trados.
Other times, in the translation phase, it takes a lot of time searching for tm fuzzys and presenting them in the translation window

My PC is new. 32gb ram

... See more
The same problem happens to me, especially when I start Trados. Trados stopos responding for some minutes in the visualization in the TM view, but after it returns to normal.
Other times it signals a TM error. I have to open it again (and everything is ok). but the same happens almost whenever I open Trados.
Other times, in the translation phase, it takes a lot of time searching for tm fuzzys and presenting them in the translation window

My PC is new. 32gb ram

I try to see if the problem improves, otherwise I will install Trados again to see if the problem is corrected.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is it about TM view that bothers Trados so much?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »