Trados 2021 shows an error after starting and accessing SDL app store
Thread poster: miso5152
miso5152
miso5152
Slovakia
Oct 2, 2020

Hello all,

After I installed and activated Trados Studio 2021, I opened it and I got an error message: The system cannot find the path specified (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070002). I already tried some instructions from SDL Web support (rename Plugins folder in AppData folder, ...), reinstall, repairing, checking VisualStudio, ...
But nothing helped. The error appears again when I want to open SDL AppStore.
The funny part is that I can work in the Studio with the error
... See more
Hello all,

After I installed and activated Trados Studio 2021, I opened it and I got an error message: The system cannot find the path specified (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070002). I already tried some instructions from SDL Web support (rename Plugins folder in AppData folder, ...), reinstall, repairing, checking VisualStudio, ...
But nothing helped. The error appears again when I want to open SDL AppStore.
The funny part is that I can work in the Studio with the error message that appears after the start of the program (another one will open after clicking on SDL AppStore). When I will close it, the Studio will crash.
Did you encounter such the issue?

Thank you for your reply.

Best,
Michal.
Collapse

Jessica Rong

Jessica Rong
Jessica Rong  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Mandarin Chinese
+ ...
I have same problem May 20, 2021

Hello,
I came across the same problem. How did you solve it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2021 shows an error after starting and accessing SDL app store

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »