Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 04:09
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Sep 18, 2020

Hi experts,

Although I bought upgrade for 2019 version almost an year ago, I kept using the 2015 version. Now, since the 2021 version has been released recently, I found it worthwhile to begin using 2019 version otherwise I might lag behind in respect of new features. I have Windows 10.

It is very surprising and annoying to see that the 2019 version keeps crashing frequently and as a result, I have to reopen the file, attach the TMs and Termbase again and again which
... See more
Hi experts,

Although I bought upgrade for 2019 version almost an year ago, I kept using the 2015 version. Now, since the 2021 version has been released recently, I found it worthwhile to begin using 2019 version otherwise I might lag behind in respect of new features. I have Windows 10.

It is very surprising and annoying to see that the 2019 version keeps crashing frequently and as a result, I have to reopen the file, attach the TMs and Termbase again and again which consumes a lot of time. Is it happening to me only and is there any solution in respect of this problem? It never happened to me in the earlier versions.

Further, is it possible to increase the font size of text in Translation results and Concordance as well as the Termbase?

I look forward to your valuable suggestions.

Thanks and regards,

Chopra

[Edited at 2020-09-18 06:52 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-09-18 07:39 GMT]
Collapse

Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:39
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
font size Sep 18, 2020

Further, is it possible to increase the font size of text in Translation results and Concordance

Yes, that is possible; but I don't know how

as well as the Termbase?

I don't know

Marina Steinbach
Marina Steinbach
United States
Local time: 18:39
Member (2011)
English to German
Hi chopra_2002! Sep 18, 2020

chopra_2002 wrote:

... is it possible to increase the font size of text in Translation results and Concordance as well as the Termbase? ...

You have a file opened in SDL Trados Studio 2019 und select File -> Options -> Editor -> Font Adaptation -> Adapt font sizes.

Hope this helps,
Marina

Rajan Chopra

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:39
English to Russian
You can change the font size Sep 18, 2020

in the Term Recognition window by right clicking on any term and selecting 'Hitlist settings' > .
To adjust the Translation Results / Fragment Matches / Concordance window font, go to Options > Editor > Translation Results Window / Fragment Matches Window / Concordance Search Window > Source font size / Target font size accordingly.

[Edited at 2020-09-18 15:20 GMT]

Rajan Chopra
Elena Feriani

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much Sep 18, 2020

Yes, it works. I am thankful to you.

Stepan Konev wrote:

in the Term Recognition window by right clicking on any term and selecting 'Hitlist settings' > .
To adjust the Translation Results / Fragment Matches / Concordance window font, go to Options > Editor > Translation Results Window / Fragment Matches Window / Concordance Search Window > Source font size / Target font size accordingly.

[Edited at 2020-09-18 15:20 GMT]

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your valuable reply but... Sep 18, 2020

there is a provision to change the font size of the file being translated by us and there is no option to change the font size of Translation results, Fragment Matches and Corcordance.

Thanks and regards,

Chopra

Marina Steinbach wrote:

chopra_2002 wrote:

... is it possible to increase the font size of text in Translation results and Concordance as well as the Termbase? ...

You have a file opened in SDL Trados Studio 2019 und select File -> Options -> Editor -> Font Adaptation -> Adapt font sizes.

Hope this helps,
Marina

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:39
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Try a "repair installation" to solve the crashing issue. Sep 21, 2020

I suggest you perform a repair installation to resolve the crashing issue.

In Windows 10, for example (I don't think you mentioned which Operating System you are using), you would do this via the Windows control panel (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features). Then, double click the SDL Trados 2019 icon and select the "Repair" option.

Good luck!

Rajan Chopra

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:39
English to Russian
Regarding 2021 Sep 21, 2020

SDL Trados Studio 2021 crashes every next hour. I have reinstalled it twice and repaired four times last week. Just collapses giving no warning. Incredible!
Also, when I enable automatic concordance search, then cursor just vanishes so that I have to minimize and maximize Studio to bring the cursor back. If I want my cursor to stay where I expect it, I have to disable the automatic concordance search feature. So, I have to decide what I like most: cursor or concordance. Never together. I'v
... See more
SDL Trados Studio 2021 crashes every next hour. I have reinstalled it twice and repaired four times last week. Just collapses giving no warning. Incredible!
Also, when I enable automatic concordance search, then cursor just vanishes so that I have to minimize and maximize Studio to bring the cursor back. If I want my cursor to stay where I expect it, I have to disable the automatic concordance search feature. So, I have to decide what I like most: cursor or concordance. Never together. I've seen this issue was first reported for Studio 2014. Nothing has changed in Studio 2021. Perfect!

[Edited at 2020-09-21 12:05 GMT]
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Rajan Chopra

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I use Windows 10 Sep 21, 2020

I have mentioned in my first post that I use Windows 10. I'll certainly give it a try. It is surprising that the earlier versions of Trados Studio did not have this issue, whereas the advanced versions have it. I was thinking about upgrading to 2021 version but in view of this issue, I would wait for some months and hopefully, they'll resolve this issue by this time.

Thanks and regards,

Chopra

Paul Malone wrote:

I suggest you perform a repair installation to resolve the crashing issue.

In Windows 10, for example (I don't think you mentioned which Operating System you are using), you would do this via the Windows control panel (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features). Then, double click the SDL Trados 2019 icon and select the "Repair" option.

Good luck!

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
They should fix these bugs Sep 21, 2020

It is surprising that the earlier versions of Trados Studio did not have this issue, whereas the advanced versions have it. I was thinking about upgrading to 2021 version but in view of this issue, I would wait for some months and hopefully, they'll resolve this issue by this time.

Thanks and regards,

Chopra

Stepan Konev wrote:

Also, when I enable automatic concordance search, then cursor just vanishes so that I have to minimize and maximize Studio to bring the cursor back. If I want my cursor to stay where I expect it, I have to disable the automatic concordance search feature. So, I have to decide what I like most: cursor or concordance. Never together. I've seen this issue was first reported for Studio 2014. Nothing has changed in Studio 2021. Perfect!

[Edited at 2020-09-21 12:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2019 crashes frequently

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »