Thread poster: Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
United States
English to German
+ ...
Aug 27, 2020

Hello,

I would like to know how to prevent SDL Trados Studio 2021 from shutting down randomly.

I already added it to the "allowed" list in my AntiVirus program and I disabled the match repair function. SDL Trados closes "completely"; i.e., it is not listed in the Task Manager window as active app anymore after this issue happens. I do not receive any warnings/error messages/alerts, it shuts down completely unexpectedly, sometimes mid-sentence....

Also, my
... See more
Hello,

I would like to know how to prevent SDL Trados Studio 2021 from shutting down randomly.

I already added it to the "allowed" list in my AntiVirus program and I disabled the match repair function. SDL Trados closes "completely"; i.e., it is not listed in the Task Manager window as active app anymore after this issue happens. I do not receive any warnings/error messages/alerts, it shuts down completely unexpectedly, sometimes mid-sentence....

Also, my Multiterm Termbase is sometimes not showing the results (it goes from showing to not showing randomly, for example, I confirm one segment that was working fine and in the next segment, it "forgets" to show the TB results (those underlines in the source and the auto-complete function do not work). I am mentioning this because I don't know if this issue is related to the main issue (crashing).

My laptop is pretty new with Core i7 etc., that should not be the problem.

Thanks in advance for your time!!

Nadia
Collapse

Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe
Bruno Carminati
Ulrich Schramm
Daniela Wolff

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:50
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Wow! 2021! Aug 27, 2020

First rule, never use a software before the version has been on the market for one year at least. I use 2017 without any glich.
Your role seems to be beta-testing. They should pay your for every bug you report to SDL. But they won't.

[Bearbeitet am 2020-08-28 05:41 GMT]

Nadia Silva Castro
Peter Motte
Bruno Carminati
Anna Folta

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:50
English to Russian
Same old issues Aug 27, 2020

Nadia Silva Castro wrote:
Also, my Multiterm Termbase is sometimes not showing the results (it goes from showing to not showing randomly, for example, I confirm one segment that was working fine and in the next segment, it "forgets" to show the TB results (those underlines in the source and the auto-complete function do not work).

Same old issue SDL seems not to care of. Or maybe they just don't know how to fix it. Reorganizing your termbase can resolve this issue for a short time. I mentioned it recently here: https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/345580-sdl_studio_2021_freelance_quick_tmx_import_into_project_settings.html
Deja vu again: half-baked stuff for full cost testing.

Nadia Silva Castro

Marián Moravčík
Marián Moravčík
Slovakia
Local time: 12:50
English to Slovak
+ ...
Studio 2021 crashes Sep 3, 2020

I have encountered the same problem. I have noticed that it is possibly linked with number verification. It could be improved by switching the number verification off while translating. Nevertheless it crashes when I try to verify the translated file.
I have to use the previous version to finalize projects. Fortunately, it is possible.

Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
SDL Trados 2019 same behavior Sep 3, 2020

Actually, it happes with SDL Trados 2019 too, but not often enought to bother.
I think it happens when it wants to make a backup copy, just at the moment you want to switch to the next TU.
SDL stops and I have to restart the program. Luckily, I don't recollect ever having used translations because of it, not even single TU's.

Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe
Mette Schmidt-Kallesøe  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
The exact problem here... Sep 22, 2020

I am experiecing the exact some problem - and feel so stupid buying an upgrade so soon. Morever, some of the times when it crashes, my files are gone when reopening SDL Trados Studio 2021. A waste of time using the new version which should be even better than the previous ones. But no. Hope they fix it soon.

Michael Davies
Anna Folta

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Turn off the features Sep 24, 2020

On SDL support site, they suggest that you should turn off the features you don't use. Well... Actually I paid money for the features that I have to disable now. Great news!
Another disappointment is that the Generate sdlxliff from filtered segments, the feature I was long waiting for, does not work on multiple files. Studio generates something but it has nothing to do with what you really filtered.
SDL say they cannot resolve this issue at the moment. Hey guys, ask Kilgrey! They imp
... See more
On SDL support site, they suggest that you should turn off the features you don't use. Well... Actually I paid money for the features that I have to disable now. Great news!
Another disappointment is that the Generate sdlxliff from filtered segments, the feature I was long waiting for, does not work on multiple files. Studio generates something but it has nothing to do with what you really filtered.
SDL say they cannot resolve this issue at the moment. Hey guys, ask Kilgrey! They implemented this feature in their memoQ a decade ago! If your own programmers cannot make a usable product, hire Kilgrey to help you!

[Edited at 2020-09-25 12:37 GMT]
Collapse

Nadia Silva Castro

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:50
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Pity Sep 24, 2020

Stepan Konev wrote:
Another disappointment is that the Generate sdlxliff from filtered segments feature I was long waiting for does not work on multiple files.

Shame. If it worked properly, that would actually be quite useful.

I would also like the ability to generate a view/preview for filtered segments only. Then I could easily print (for checking) only the segments I have actually translated, which may come to only 5% or 10% of the total.

Dan

Stepan Konev

Frank van Overveld
Frank van Overveld
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same issue Sep 15, 2021

I have the same issue now in september 2021. What a garbage product. Absolute waste of money. I should sue these people.

[Edited at 2021-09-15 15:39 GMT]

William Pairman

weilix
weilix
Taiwan
One year may not be enough Oct 6, 2021

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

First rule, never use a software before the version has been on the market for one year at least. I use 2017 without any glich.
Your role seems to be beta-testing. They should pay your for every bug you report to SDL. But they won't.

[Bearbeitet am 2020-08-28 05:41 GMT]

My trados2021 crashed 5 times today. 2019 and 2017 were not so unstable.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Try Support Oct 6, 2021

weilix wrote:
My trados2021 crashed 5 times today.
Why don't you contact their support then?

halit yilmaz
halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:50
English to Turkish
+ ...
I have this problem and it collapsed after a lot of edits unsaved. Nov 9, 2022

How can a software feel OK to just close itself without a trace... Respect the efforts of people...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2021 crashes randomly

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »