Why don't I get any SDL Language Cloud MT translations any longer?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 00:53
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 2, 2020

Suddenly it ceased to give any more MT translations when moving from segment to segment in SDL Trados Studio 2019.

I have a project TM also that I created from scratch. In the settings window, I have this notification furthest down:

You have set up different translation memories or automated translation providers for certain language pairs.

I closed the file and re-opened it, an
... See more

Suddenly it ceased to give any more MT translations when moving from segment to segment in SDL Trados Studio 2019.

I have a project TM also that I created from scratch. In the settings window, I have this notification furthest down:

You have set up different translation memories or automated translation providers for certain language pairs.

I closed the file and re-opened it, and now I get MT translations again. But probably it will cease at some point again. Why, and is there a way to remedy this?

[Edited at 2020-03-02 18:10 GMT]

And also, when I've translated one segment and move on to next, which should be a 100 % match segment, this 100 % match does not propagate. Instead I get MT translation (even though I've placed my created TM first in the list in the settings window for translation memories). Often, it helps to just open the settings window for translation memories (without doing anything there), and then return to the editor. Now, it propagates as a 100 % match segment. But it doesn't work at all times.

[Edited at 2020-03-02 18:13 GMT]

I try this new feature in Studio 2019, Upgrade TM, which only sometimes is selectable, but even that doesn't always work for this issue with not having newly translated segments propagate as 100 % match segments when they should.

[Edited at 2020-03-02 19:37 GMT]
Collapse

TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 00:53
English to Polish
+ ...
Well... Mar 3, 2020

[quote]Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I've heard from some sources that it's a problem with servers not handling large data basis such as this system.

I personally use Google Translate API and now when you register as a new user on Google Platform you get 300 USD credit to use for whatever you need. When you register you must establish Google Translate API (watch Youtube videos on how to do it) and you'll have one year basically for free, unless you do huge amounts of words each month. For me - and I work full time as a translator and use it everyday - it is the cost of about 20 USD each month (covered from the 300 USD credit).

[Edited at 2020-03-02 18:10 GMT]

And also, when I've translated one segment and move on to next, which should be a 100 % match segment, this 100 % match does not propagate.

[Edited at 2020-03-02 18:13 GMT]

I've noticed that Trados needs "some time" to save a translated segment in TM - about 10-20 seconds. I usually click Save button to accelerate this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »