Thread poster: William Pairman
William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:55
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Feb 25, 2020

Since I got Studio 2019 (SR2 15.2.5.2145), its common for segments to take an age to confirm - 20-30 seconds frequently, sometimes various minutes

Never happened with 2014.

I've seen people suggesting changing the Spell Checker from MS to the other one, doesn't do any good

Doing an 8,000 word job now with 80% of the text 99% matches or reps. What should be a fairly quick job is taking me ages.

To say this is annoying when (a) the programme is e
... See more
Since I got Studio 2019 (SR2 15.2.5.2145), its common for segments to take an age to confirm - 20-30 seconds frequently, sometimes various minutes

I've seen people suggesting changing the Spell Checker from MS to the other one, doesn't do any good

Doing an 8,000 word job now with 80% of the text 99% matches or reps. What should be a fairly quick job is taking me ages.

To say this is annoying when (a) the programme is expensive and (b) we have little choice but to use it is an understatement.

My PC has 16GB of RAM, I'm not running other draining applications (Firefox with a couple of windows open, Excel and Explorer)
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
I am not sure..... Feb 25, 2020

....I can help, I am not an expert on this subject, but I had the same problem. In my case my HDD harddrive was dying. Changed it for a SSD, and all is well.

Check your Processor on performances (Ctrl-ALT-Del). The values may not exceed 100% (in my case they did).

Check your fan. If it is working in overtime, it can mean your computer heats up because (see above).

I also doubled my RAM to 8BG, so I guess you are fine with your 16GB.

Hope this i
... See more
....I can help, I am not an expert on this subject, but I had the same problem. In my case my HDD harddrive was dying. Changed it for a SSD, and all is well.

Check your Processor on performances (Ctrl-ALT-Del). The values may not exceed 100% (in my case they did).

Check your fan. If it is working in overtime, it can mean your computer heats up because (see above).

I also doubled my RAM to 8BG, so I guess you are fine with your 16GB.

Hope this info is usefull. Like I stated before, I am not a computer expert.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:55
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Are you using the preview? Feb 25, 2020

William Pairman wrote:

To say this is annoying when (a) the programme is expensive and (b) we have little choice but to use it is an understatement.

My PC has 16GB of RAM, I'm not running other draining applications (Firefox with a couple of windows open, Excel and Explorer)

Are you using the preview? I find working with it activated intolerably slow, and so ways leave it deactivated. Yet a other reason why I do most of my work in memoQ.

Also, do you have 'Lookahead' switched on or off? It should be on. It's under general options > editor somewhere.

Michael

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Preview... Feb 26, 2020

Michael Beijer wrote:

Are you using the preview? I find working with it activated intolerably slow, and so ways leave it deactivated. Yet a other reason why I do most of my work in memoQ.

Also, do you have 'Lookahead' switched on or off? It should be on. It's under general options > editor somewhere.

Michael

Enable Lookahead is checked - how do I disable Preview? I barely use it

[Edited at 2020-02-26 09:04 GMT]

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Maybe it is not 2019 Feb 29, 2020

Maybe it is not Studio that is responsible for the slow performance, but the client TM.

Allthough all was fine, I am experiencing now the same problems as William. I am working on a job which came as a package. I downloaded the TM of the client, and Studio is working very, very slow. So I closed the client TM, and Studio is running like a train.

I know now who is the culprit, but don't know why. Any thoughts anybody?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segments take an age to confirm - "Not Responding"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »