Can fuzziness be deactivated in QA terminology?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Nov 30, 2019

Is it possible to deactivate all fuzziness in QA terminology (in Studio 2017)?

E.g. When checking a D > NL translation I get false positives for 'Weise' (way; method; procedure): Studio complains that I didn't use the translation for the colour 'weiß', that the client has defined.

This is horrible.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:16
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Hans Nov 30, 2019

Hans Lenting wrote:
Is it possible to deactivate all fuzziness in QA terminology (in Studio 2017)? This is horrible.

WFP 3 and 5 also does this. It's a useless feature.

I don't use terminology QA in Trados, so I don't know how to help you. But... what happens if you go File > Options > Verification > Terminology Verifier > Verification Settings > Minimum match value, and set it to 99 or 100?

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
SOLVED Dec 2, 2019

Thank you, Samuel! That solved it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can fuzziness be deactivated in QA terminology?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »