Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:49
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Nov 25, 2019

I'm also posting this on the official SDL help forum, but here goes:

I'm using Studio 2019 SR2 - 15.2.4.1693, but the problem was there in Studio 2017, too (I was hoping to get rid of this by updating):

I'm working on a server based project. The client has included three termbases. I want to add one of my local termbases, too, and have it sit on the first place so I can actually add terms to it (the client's termbases are read-only).

However, after moving m
... See more
I'm also posting this on the official SDL help forum, but here goes:

I'm using Studio 2019 SR2 - 15.2.4.1693, but the problem was there in Studio 2017, too (I was hoping to get rid of this by updating):

I'm working on a server based project. The client has included three termbases. I want to add one of my local termbases, too, and have it sit on the first place so I can actually add terms to it (the client's termbases are read-only).

However, after moving my local termbase to the first spot in the list, it doesn't stay there. When I open the termbase configuration window, the local termbase is back on the last spot in the list.

As soon as I close the window and try to add a term, I'm told that I'm not permitted to write to the termbase (what's more, the window informing me of this keeps re-opening, so all I can do at this time is close Studio using the task manager).

So practically I can't use local termbases within a server project that already has a server based termbase attached to it.

Anything to be done?

Regards,

Erik
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to use local termbase in server based projects

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »